Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I would make a few changes saturday. 

Elmo back in at rb. 

Jedinak gone with thor back in as dm. Onomah lw and lansbury in the number 10 role behind Grabban

I agree with all of this. 

Is Grealish definitely out? Also Snodgrass could be out too. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Get the impression they are out for awhile. 

It's our disgusting luck. Just as we were finally developing a shape and some personality it all goes wrong again with the injuries. I hate that we don't get the luck that all successful teams need to make it. And no, that isn't bitching, we really don't...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'd say, where they are in their careers,  O'Hare is head and shoulders above Jack (not physically obviously). Preston were no more physical than we were tonight stop being a girl!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'd say, where they are in their careers,  O'Hare is head and shoulders above Jack

I imagine Grealish is more of a Vidal Sassoon guy with his shiny hair.

O'Hair didn't get picked so he'll just have to dust it off and go again

Edited by sne

Bruce said Grealish and Adomah - he wouldn't bet on them being back.

Adomahs brother on twitter said fingers crossed for the weekend. So I am guessing they will both be back for QPR. 

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

didn't learn a thing from Fulham, Hourihane, Onomah and Jed and Thor don't work on the same team.

Would rather see Lansbury, O'Hare, Thor and drop the rest as Jed clearly can't play 3 games in a row anymore. 

You want to see them because it's a change. But it doesn't mean it will work. Lansbury played against Millwall and we got completely over ran. O'Hare did nothing special against Sheff Wed. I didn't see him against Peterborough but I didn't hear he was a world beater. 

I understand why everyone wants change. But I'd bet money if Bruce made the changes it wouldnt be long because you are all shouting for change again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

Bruce said Grealish and Adomah - he wouldn't bet on them being back.

Adomahs brother on twitter said fingers crossed for the weekend. So I am guessing they will both be back for QPR. 

Looks like the scum are having the last laugh after we beat them.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You want to see them because it's a change. But it doesn't mean it will work. Lansbury played against Millwall and we got completely over ran. O'Hare did nothing special against Sheff Wed. I didn't see him against Peterborough but I didn't hear he was a world beater. 

I understand why everyone wants change. But I'd bet money if Bruce made the changes it wouldnt be long because you are all shouting for change again. 

I think Lansbury scored the last time he played in midfield.

O'Hare against Peterborough was in a team that collectively played utter garbage.

I can wheel out some facts to make the fit a point also.

and yes I want change if it means trying to win something rather than flogging a dead horse, doesn't mean I believe it will work, there is no set formula for how to play without Grealish and Adomah (and Elmo), plus we may be without Snodgrass next game, so change is inevitable not just for the hell of it.

I would actually applaud him trying to win games with players who can attack and play in the positions of the players they are replacing, if they fail then you can't ask anymore of the manager than trying. I would never criticise a youth player for coming into the team and failing, they are young and they need to and will learn, I don't expect them to succeed but my god when they do it is amazing, as proven by Davis when he first came into the team, he gave the fans a team a massive lift at a time we were hit by injuries and wondering where the goals would come from.

Hourihane has also been sub standard for longer than the games we have not been winning, aside from his superb goal, he has done crap all in about 4-5 games except go missing.

Not sure who you are defending, we tried it the same way 2 games in a row and came away lucky to get 1 point, but fine keep it the same if you think that will work, you are welcome to your OWN opinion and i'll state mine.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

I think Lansbury scored the last time he played in midfield.

O'Hare against Peterborough was in a team that collectively played utter garbage.

I can wheel out some facts to make the fit a point also.

and yes I want change if it means trying to win something rather than flogging a dead horse, doesn't mean I believe it will work, there is no set formula for how to play without Grealish and Adomah (and Elmo), plus we may be without Snodgrass next game, so change is inevitable not just for the hell of it.

Nah the last time was Millwall. 

My point is Bruce sees these players everyday in training so he is in a better position to know if the change could work or not. He could have thrown them both in and we could have lost.  

He has got us into a great position but I think he needs to be braver.

I know it isn't going to be easy to replace two of our best attacking/creative players but he has better options than the ones he has chosen. Bjarnason is a very decent holding midfielder but you can't play him out wide as part of a front three or as part of a midfield three with Jedinak as he did Saturday. It tips the balance to being too defensive.

If Grealish is still out on Saturday then he needs to bring Grabban in to play out wide as he did tonight and play O'Hare in the advanced midfield role behind Hogan. Or do as he did tonight and go with two up top and go more direct. You can't get the best out of Hogan unless you put someone alongside him or have someone who can link up play as Grealish does as he becomes too isolated and starts to come deep as he did tonight to get involved.

It has been a disappointing couple of games but at the moment it is just a blip. The next two games will either prove that to be the case or show it as something more damaging. The manager now has to ensure it is the former.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don't think any changes are needed then? Did you enjoy what you saw today much?

I’ve been vocal in my criticism of Bruce. I find him limited despite our recent run which credit where it’s due has got us up challenging. I stopped criticising as it was getting results. 

Ill be honest though Bruce hasn’t changed, some of the players we’re masking the problem with their performances (Jack & Albert etc). 

He’s limited as a manager, he holds us back and there’s no plan B which gets found out against a top 8 team. Just look at our results we’d not beaten a top team till Bristol. A half decent manager could have this squad on Wolves heels but alas no we’re parking the bus at rivals home, playing players out of position continually after they’ve repeatedly failed in that position. Tactically attacking we’ve reverted to pumping it to Hogan because the 18 odd games in which we’ve done that already this season to no avail aren’t enough for a conclusive decision that it doesn’t work. 

It’s playoffs and we’ll get done by an organised side of inferior players. I’ve said it before but it’s so apt it’s unreal, it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion because his tactics work against the chaff sides he’ll get a win and the mob (which is how I see the vast majority of villa fans) will say “hey we won at the weekend how can you criticise. And the cycle will repeat.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn't say that. I'm just not sure the changes are there because of injuries. I don't think Lamsbury or O'Hare would be the answer. 

Well I dunno either, but Birkir playing LW certainly isn't the answer. Also I've seen nothing from Onomah to suggest he's any better than Lansbury. I think one problem is though that Hourihane and Lansbury don't work well together. I'd be tempted to try O'Hare now, considering Snoddy is most likely out as well. 

Â