Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

When Villa win Bruce deserves the plaudits when things don't go so well I think fans are right to ask questions and tonight I think we are right to question the team he picked and the substitutions.

And yes the injuries are a factor Bruce can quite legitimately point to in mitigation

• Like 1

Just now, mykeyb said:

When Villa win Bruce deserves the plaudits when things don't go so well I think fans are right to ask questions and tonight I think we are right to question the team he picked and the substitutions.

And yes the injuries are a factor Bruce can quite legitimately point to in mitigation

I do think he got it wrong, hopefully he will learn from it.

Just now, mykeyb said:

He got the team selection wrong but I think he corrected it well at half time, 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It will as long as Grealish is out. If Adomah and Snodgras out to then can't see where the goals are coming from,

Injuries have f**ked us. 

Injuries yes. But we need to look at Bruce's transfers that have left us without backup for when important players get injured.

I think I'm resigned to the play-offs, hope I'm wrong but we were utterly outplayed on Sunday by a potential rival and (undeservedly) scraped a draw against a very positive Preston side at home. Just not good enough and Bruce's selection policy HAS to be questioned regardless of which side of the fence you are on. O'Hare should be nowhere near the U23s, I watched him last night at the Bescot and why he's not starting, with Grealish being injured, baffles me (and I did a lot of acid in the 80s!). The buck stops with Bruce RE: the staring 11 I'd assume, so he has to be held accountable surely? That first 45 is the worst I think I've seen all season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's worrying that we are so reliable on individual players, last season it was Kodjia, now it has been Grealish. It's so clear that we don't have any real attacking tactics and no pattern in the play. We are solid and hard to break down, in attack we just hope for someone to make something happen. 

It's not that Grealish or Kodjia are injured, it's the fact he has O'Hare who, some would say, is better than Jack and he plays Birkir! Mindblowing!

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

It's not that Grealish or Kodjia are injured, it's the fact he has O'Hare who, some would say, is better than Jack and he plays Birkir! Mindblowing!

Did you watch that game today? They would have chewed up O'Hare and spat him out. In some ways I'm glad Grealish didn't play with how dirty they were. 

Also which nutcase said he is better than Jack! 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did you watch that game today? They would have chewed up O'Hare and spat him out. In some ways I'm glad Grealish didn't play with how dirty they were. 

Also which nutcase said he is better than Jack! 

I'd say, where they are in their careers,  O'Hare is head and shoulders above Jack (not physically obviously). Preston were no more physical than we were tonight stop being a girl!

• Confused 1

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

I'd say, where they are in their careers,  O'Hare is head and shoulders above Jack (not physically obviously). Preston were no more physical than we were tonight stop being a girl!

What? What? What?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Only because we had the physical players to play that way. O'Hare wouldn't have survived. He looks like a little girl. Anyway how is he head and shoulders above Jack? Jack was running the show in an FA cup Semi final at O'hares age. Am I missing something? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's worrying that we are so reliable on individual players, last season it was Kodjia, now it has been Grealish. It's so clear that we don't have any real attacking tactics and no pattern in the play. We are solid and hard to break down, in attack we just hope for someone to make something happen. 

I agree with you up to a point, but when four of our best attacking players, meaning basically our whole attack, is injured it's not about individual players any more.

• Like 1

When ever we hit a bit of a stumbling block or something goes a bit wrong (in this case injuries), he seems to go overly cautious.

We won all those games in a row because we stopped focusing on what other teams could do to us, and made them think about what we would do to them.

Even with Jack and Adomah out, we still had Snodgrass, Hourihane, Grabban and Hogan who are all capable of creating, with the likes of O'Hare waiting in the wings. Thats still better than many teams in this league.

Tonight the lineup smacked of setting out not to lose rather than setting out to win.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

I would make a few changes saturday. 

Elmo back in at rb. 

Jedinak gone with thor back in as dm. Onomah lw and lansbury in the number 10 role behind Grabban

Are Adomah and Grealish definitely out for the next game as well, or are those changes just assuming they will be?

I don't think it's a bad point but we were so poor in that first 45. There were no ideas at all and this is worrying. How are we so reliant on Grealish already? 

The second half subs helped but there still seemed to be a lack of ideas from our players. 

Â