Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Im dumbfounded by his selections again. There is no plan B. 

Onomah is not upto it.. not at Villa. He just doesnt try. I would rather Callum O'Hare play. He may be a good player at Tottenham one day but to me it appears he doesnt want to be here. He is not an attacking player anyway. No Grealish or Adomah.. then Snodgrass goes off. We are left with Onomah Bikir to create something? Going 3 up top is one thing but who will create for them? Take off your best set piece taker? Would have preferred he take off Onomah or Bikir.. or even Mile. We couldnt retain possession. 

Bench.. Surely O'Hare or RHM would have been better options on the wing.. even Blackett Taylor.. rather than having two central midfielders outwide.. we had no width or pace in the side. 

Positives.. Grabban looked good. Thats about it really. Looks like we wont have Adomah and Grealish for the weekend either.. possibly no Snoddy now either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not a terrible result. But can see this leading to a run of winless games. 

Not a crisis, just a concern. 

Another week that show the self congratulations pat on the backs to be premature. 

Two games in a row, man!  I bet you can barely contain yourself.

Get that champers on ice...

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not a terrible result. But can see this leading to a run of winless games. 

Not a crisis, just a concern. 

Another week that show the self congratulations pat on the backs to be premature. 

It will as long as Grealish is out. If Adomah and Snodgras out to then can't see where the goals are coming from,

Injuries have f**ked us. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Snodgrass was clearly injured and Hourihane was non-existent. Not sure what he else he could have done. 

Callum O'Hare seems to be a decent player.

RHM also, why can't they get games?

Why is it always safety first, we don't deserve to go up automatically.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Callum O'Hare seems to be a decent player.

RHM also, why can't they get games?

Why is it always safety first, we don't deserve to go up automatically.

To be honest from what I've seen of O'Hare and RHM I think they would have really struggled tonight and have been totally bullied out the game. This was one of the most physical teams in the league aided by a ref that seemed to think it was a game from the 80s. Really suited them.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Lets see if those saying it wasn't a bad result will feel the same when Derby and Cardiff pick up all 3 points.

For me, I’ll think tonight will be perceived as a much worse result if we don’t pick up a couple of wins in the next week or so.

• Like 1

His changes were more positive.

But why have 45 minutes - after the poor second half on Saturday - before trying to be more aggressive and positive.

That cautious approach cost us any hope last year, and it could be our undoing again. We can’t wait for two players to be fit before we go for games,

The preference for industry over ability is unecessary and unproductive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Snodgrass was clearly injured and Hourihane was non-existent. Not sure what he else he could have done. 

He left himself without options when he did not have O'Hare and/or RHM in the squad. I am afraid tonight is also down to Bruce. He needs to get his act together again smartish.

Â