Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Latz said:

Poor management throwing the young players under the bus. 

He's just trying to protect his "reputation" i'm sure there will plenty of his media mates backing him up over the next few days.

If he wants to protect his reputation he should resign. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If he wants to protect his reputation he should resign. 

He'll have no trouble finding a new schmuck to hire him because according to his pal Wyness he's "one of the great brains of the game at the moment" :crylaugh:

Edited by sne
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Even that would not work. His reputation is well and truly shattered now. 

For most Villa fans I think you're right. But there are plenty out their that still think he's wonderful. His buddies in the press will be singing his praises and slagging the Villa off for not giving him enough time. Frankly I don't care how he goes, just so long as he goes!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Smith is worth a gamble.

Completely worth a gamble, he's made us look daft with much less to work with than he'd have here. I think he coudl average 2 points a game with us at this level, that has to be the benchmark. Bruce I'm not convinced can do that.

• Like 1

Phone rings.

SB: 4 Times here. 

Xia: What?

SB: 4 Times Bruce boss, it's what all the lads call me.

Xia: Ah yes, Keith was telling me all about it AGAIN, the other day.

SB: I love talking to Keith boss he knows loads about football, I've really learnt a lot from him boss. Did you see how good our goalie played yesterday boss. I've created an system that allows him to be more involved in the game. 

Xia: Listen Steve, I'm sorry but I've decided to let you go.

SB: Oh that's great boss, I loved it in Portugal, I'll tell the wife and we'll get one of those last minute deals for a few days.

Xia: That's fine stay as long as you like, in fact just get 1 way tickets. 

SB: But what about training the lads boss, they all say they've never been coached by anyone like me before?

Xia: Look Steve, let me spell it out, you're sacked.

SB: Thanks boss.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, macandally said:

Bruce?  Doesn't know his best team, doesn't know his best formation, doesn't do tactics or coach the team.  You have to wonder how an earth he has the balls to draw a wage.  What does he do?

I Think he points a lot! 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Abysmal performance yesterday. I was a big fan of his appointment but now I couldn't care less if he was sacked. 

His appointment made sense at the time and his track record was excellent. I just don't know why it hasn't worked 

But did it really? I and a few others on here have questioned his appointment from the get go! - I can see how 4 promotions from this division would wet appetites for many - but scratch away a little and for me he just never cut the mustard and I guess by now we have all read / heard the story plotting his time at Sunderland -  I feel Wyness and co got sucked in - I'm amazed that he was even considered for the England post can you just imagine him in charge - I dread to think !.

i fully agree with you it's time to cut our lossses and get rid 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Only on a one year deal so not much of a pay off .

I wonder where his pay off (albeit only a year's salary) would leave us with FFP, given it sounds like we're right on the line.

We should do it regardless as we still have players to sell in January but I hope it's not stopping us.

People mock Tim Sherwood, and probably rightly so, but over the 28 games he managed he got 1.14pts per game in the PL. Over 36 games Bruce has managed 1.5. However he's also had a lot more support, he's had two transfer windows, he's playing in a far inferior league where we should be winning and yet he's barely made any improvement on a manager who is wildly discredited who played in a league where survival was our only hope with an absent Chairman.

That's simply not acceptable. You can maybe excuse when he first came in, you maybe can find an argument for all the changes that were needed in January but to go in to a new season, with a whole new transfer window, stability and more resources than any other team, is it acceptable he's now averaging 1pt a game; LESS than Sherwood?!

I'm not sure how much longer you can leave him in command and still expect any hope of promotion this season. He still doesn't have a clear formation or game plan and doesn't even seem to be getting the players to play for him. Terry was a stupid signing, he's left our left side exposed and only bought mates that all play on the right wing. And then every week he repeats we were 'flat', or 'lacked spark' because he refuses to play any kind of attacking football.

I am not one who believes our squad is good enough for automatic promotion (a poor transfer window that didn't deal with our actual problems is to blame) but I do think we should be in the playoffs with our resources/ current squad and that won't happen with Bruce who has now figured out this club is too big for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

For years, Bruce's teams never impressed me much.  They were too conservative.  But when RDM was not getting it done, and many were pointing to Bruce's track record, I was willing to give him a chance.  There was a short-term improvement in results.  I was encouraged, but also getting increasingly worried.  The team, IMO, badly needed discipline and there was little evidence he was building that.  Stupid decisions about the forward position with AFCON coming up left us with little attack.  The really strong midfielders he bought gave me hope and their ability could be seen in their first match but then they were immediately moved to more defensive roles which clearly suited none of them.  By then I was done.  I backed off since it was clear he was going to be given the summer, but I saw little reason to hope for better.  Bruce's errors continued to multiply and have brought us to this.  I am not happy we are here.  I am disgusted that we are here.   And I'm really tired of being told that i'm impatient or foolish because I saw the writing on the wall before you did.

I was one of those who backed Bruce to start the season and  along with a few others have seen enough in the opening month to convince  me he has to go , some decided they had seen enough last season and to be fair the writing was on the wall from January and alarm bells were ringing for many .

there are few if any on here who believe Bruce can turn it around from here - I think even tro has accepted enough is enough . 

Â