Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats much how i saw it.

however, we had confidence against Norwich.....if teams stand off us and lets us play, like Norwich did, we are ok.....if a team like Brentford get in our faces, we are ******.

Lack of passion, desire,urgency and combative spirit. And not much idea what to do to correct it.

I did say at the time the Norwich performance wasn't a meaningful barometer and so its proved.

He needs to go, I think he will get Tuesday's game but anything less than a win and he is gone.

Your last line sounds like you are still trying to blame the players rather than Bruce, safe to say I don't agree.

• Like 2

Just now, omariqy said:

I know people on here were arguing that we were on a good run after winning 2 of the last 3 games but I just knew after he went to 5 at the back against Bristol City that nothing had changed. I was speaking to a mate who is head of a well known clubs academy and knows Villa well. After talking about how good Andre Green is we got onto Bruce. He said football has moved on so much these last few years. Bruce is way way behind. He said people like him and Harry Redknapp are purely focused wheeling and dealing and man management. They don't do formations, pattern of play, how to find space etc. Basically nothing we didn't already know. 

Not so sure he's much good at man management either - he certainly can't get the best out of his players .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was a huge Bruce supporter for a long time and I still believe the anti Bruce brigade were wrong in terms of the immediate reaction. 

On paper he was absolutely the right appointment 

Sorry but you are absolutely wrong - you didn't see it from day one but many others did. He is a throwback to an earlier, simpler time and not at all suited to the requirements of the modern game - saying that he had done far worse than even I expected. Sherwood, RDM and Bruce - all awful appointments. There is very little chance Wyness and Round will get this right and they need to go too. 

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

And some patience please from the fans.

I said that to all the fans that were writing him off due to the same pathetic performances in a few pre- season games.  My response was pre season games mean nothing. I will judge him after 5 games at least. 

Well we've had 6 games now and never did I imagine we would look as bad as we do. Time for patience is over. The situation is getting quite serious. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Sorry but you are absolutely wrong - you didn't see it from day one but many others did. He is a throwback to an earlier, simpler time and not at all suited to the requirements of the modern game - saying that he had done far worse than even I expected. Sherwood, RDM and Bruce - all awful appointments. There is very little chance Wyness and Round will get this right and they need to go too. 

You do recall about 4/5 months before he joined us he had just got Hull promoted to the premier league? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You do recall about 4/5 months before he joined us he had just got Hull promoted to the premier league? 

This. It's nothing about football suddenly moving on. The issue is he isn't tactically astute enough to deal with being at a big fish in a small pond. We aren't going to be sneaking under the radar in this league because we've got a massive target on our backs so every game is a tactical battle that he just can't win.

He'd be better served by telling the players to just go out and play.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

I would hope news of his contract being terminated comes out today, 2 weeks to late unfortunately, but giving him yet another game to make sure he isn't the right man for the job is lunacy. Get rid now get the right man in asap.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I know people on here were arguing that we were on a good run after winning 2 of the last 3 games but I just knew after he went to 5 at the back against Bristol City that nothing had changed. I was speaking to a mate who is head of a well known clubs academy and knows Villa well. After talking about how good Andre Green is we got onto Bruce. He said football has moved on so much these last few years. Bruce is way way behind. He said people like him and Harry Redknapp are purely focused wheeling and dealing and man management. They don't do formations, pattern of play, how to find space etc. Basically nothing we didn't already know. 

I agree with the general point - how come Warnock is managing to do it though?!

Whatever the reason though, agree that Bruce seems massively outdated and outthought by less well-resourced peers. 

14 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I could care less what he did with Hull.

You clearly thought he was a good appointment, I did not. 

Absolutely the wrong man for us as from day one. 

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I would hope news of his contract being terminated comes out today, 2 weeks to late unfortunately, but giving him yet another game to make sure he isn't the right man for the job is lunacy. Get rid now get the right man in asap.

Get rid now and I think there'd be a positive reaction on Tuesday in the team even with a caretaker in charge - the club needs a lift and Bruce needs to go - his negativity is impacting on the club . 

Â