Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

And really, what the Club, and some fans, deemed to be the case has no relevance as far as I can see.

His results have never been great. His performances have almost always been poor, our goals scored record is a joke, and after nearly a year he doesn't know our best side and nobody knows our 'style'.

The friendlies were dire, and we've continued from there.

Looking back, he was past the point of no return after that lousy run in Jan/ Feb.

My calculation is we will get more points the sooner he goes, so if we have to drop some to achieve that then fine.

Whether he says "we aren't ready to play strikers" or "we aren't ready to play 2 strikers", what difference does it make? Both statements are utterly mad and make no sense. He has lost the plot and an ultra defensive shackled at the ankles style will not get us promoted.

The bloke is a plank. How after this long can he not have a first 11 or a preferred plan of play in his mind? Sounds like he is going down the Sherwood route (ala the dudley zoo chimp approach) of picking his own sphincter and flinging whatever comes out off his fingers and onto the nearest wall.

He is a bonehead, its clear he has no idea. Saying things that have no basis in reality. Bruce out.

Once Bruce has gone, Xia needs to take some time to really think about asking the next potential managers if they understand the basics of football, what their style of play is and what their plans are. Answers such as " I don't do tactics" should be met with "thanks for coming, there's the door".

Fed up of this nonsense now.

• Like 1

Reading, at home, couldn't beat a team of 10 men on Saturday despite playing against 10 for all bar 40 seconds! The had only 6 shots on goal and have a total of 8 shots on goal for their two games so far. We have a total of 6 shots on goal so only two shots worse off than them. There should be nothing to fear tonight but the pessimist in me sees us struggling to hold on for a draw.

Come on Brucey, surprise us all and go at them all guns blazing. These fans need to see something to be proud of for a change!

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Reading, at home, couldn't beat a team of 10 men on Saturday despite playing against 10 for all bar 40 seconds! The had only 6 shots on goal and have a total of 8 shots on goal for their two games so far. We have a total of 6 shots on goal so only two shots worse off than them. There should be nothing to fear tonight but the pessimist in me sees us struggling to hold on for a draw.

Come on Brucey, surprise us all and go at them all guns blazing. These fans need to see something to be proud of for a change!

5-1 to Reading it is then :D

23 minutes ago, Pitman_Pod said:

So by calculation you mean guess right? :P

I don't understand what you mean there sorry ?

By calculation I mean this ;

We win, he gets Norwich and Bristol. Get just a point from those 2 and I think they keep him through the break.

This then means by the time they sack him we will be pretty much where we were under RDM - and that leaves too much to do.

So, IF losing now means they sack him this side of the break, that gives us best chance of promotion.

Hope that explains it.

Edited by terrytini

Just now, tom_avfc said:

What if we beat Reading, Norwich and Bristol? Doesn't winning games give us the best chance of promotion?

It would go a long way to restoring some belief I guess but nothing I've seen in Bruce's reign signals to me that this has any remote chance of happening at all.

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't understand what you mean there sorry ?

By calculation I mean this ;

We win, he gets Norwich and Bristol. Get just a point from those 2 and I think they keep him through the break.

This then means by the time they sack him we will be pretty much where we were under RDM - and that leaves too much to do.

So, IF losing now means they sack him this side of the break, that gives us best chance of promotion.

Hope that explains it.

I think the point is that to calculate something you need facts and figures whereas you're using a crystal ball so it's more of a prediction than a calculation.

Just now, tom_avfc said:

What if we beat Reading, Norwich and Bristol? Doesn't winning games give us the best chance of promotion?

I can't explain it any clearer than I have.

If you think Bruce can get us promoted, a Win tonight is best.

If you think he can't, but that they are going to sack him come what may, a Win tonight is best.

But if you think he can't, but suspect a Win tonight buys him another 4/5 games, a defeat is best.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the point is that to calculate something you need facts and figures whereas you're using a crystal ball so it's more of a prediction than a calculation.

No, it's MY calculation.

A perfectly normal way of expressing it.

People 'calculate' things without facts all the time.

If that's what he meant I wish I hadn't bothered explaining myself !!

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It would go a long way to restoring some belief I guess but nothing I've seen in Bruce's reign signals to me that this has any remote chance of happening at all.

I completely agree with this. However, the fact that I don't consider it particularly likely to happen doesn't mean I'm not hoping for us to win the next three on the bounce.

I'd rather hope for this than to hope for us to lose matches just to see  Bruce sacked.

• Like 1

Today I've calculated what time I needed to set off, how much money I need, and many other things.

None of them are known quantities and my conclusions are based on what I currently know and what I think will happen.

It really is a very very common expression and by no means confined to things which can actually be calculated by reference to existing facts alone.

But if you don't like it, substitute 'my feeling/ my view/ my fear/ my consideration/ my theory/ my estimation/ my prediction/ my reasoning/ my hypothesis, whatever, feel free.

The point wasn't which word is used the point was explaining why there was certain circumstances where a defeat could be better than a Win !!

58 minutes ago, omariqy said:

You can't come down from the PL, spend £100m, have our fanbase and not expect anything less than top 2.

I'd agree. Just a question to fellow villa fans. I think we have every right to expect to go up. Fans of other clubs think we have entitlement, but money spent and the resources we have we should be aiming play offs minimum. 

12 minutes ago, terrytini said:

No, it's MY calculation.

A perfectly normal way of expressing it.

People 'calculate' things without facts all the time.

If that's what he meant I wish I hadn't bothered explaining myself !!

5D3890B2-5A8B-44CA-B342-BDAAC15965CA-1662-0000017AB3D9BA4C.jpeg

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I completely agree with this. However, the fact that I don't consider it particularly likely to happen doesn't mean I'm not hoping for us to win the next three on the bounce.

I'd rather hope for this than to hope for us to lose matches just to see  Bruce sacked.

That's fine, as long as - in my view -you take the longer term view that winning those 3 gives us the best chance of promotion.

For example it'd be a bit mad if , given a choice of winning those 3 and finishing 7th, or losing them and finishing top, you chose to win the 3 !!

That DOESNT mean I'm saying that's would happen. Of course we could win the three and finish top, of whatever.

But IF - IF - it's your view that the fewer matches Bruce is here for the better, then there is a logic in preferring a defeat.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That's fine, as long as - in my view -you take the longer term view that winning those 3 gives us the best chance of promotion.

For example it'd be a bit mad if , given a choice of winning those 3 and finishing 7th, or losing them and finishing top, you chose to win the 3 !!

That DOESNT mean I'm saying that's would happen. Of course we could win the three and finish top, of whatever.

But IF - IF - it's your view that the fewer matches Bruce is here for the better, then there is a logic in preferring a defeat.

To be honest I just go to the games and hope we win each one. Its part of being a supporter surely. When I get to Reading I'll be hoping for a Villa win.

If Bruce continues to produce crap football and crap results then he'll rightly go and given the Cardiff game I hope he's being made to feel the pressure. However I hope he manages to turn it around and we play well and win matches.

All this the fewer matches Bruce is here for the better is beyond me to be honest. Who's to say we'll be better or worse without him. Whoever is in charge I'll be hoping for us to win each match as winning is the only way we're getting back to the Premier League.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Its a tall order to come in once the season has started and win promotion. So I hope Bruce turns it around and we fire our way to promotion. But equally I  don't think its very likely. 

Not to defend Bruce - but I have a horrible feeling  that something isn't quite right at Aston Villa behind the scenes. Sure lose the next two and bruce falls on his sword - but I can't help feeling that won't solve much.

33 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

To be honest I just go to the games and hope we win each one. Its part of being a supporter surely. When I get to Reading I'll be hoping for a Villa win.

If Bruce continues to produce crap football and crap results then he'll rightly go and given the Cardiff game I hope he's being made to feel the pressure. However I hope he manages to turn it around and we play well and win matches.

All this the fewer matches Bruce is here for the better is beyond me to be honest. Who's to say we'll be better or worse without him. Whoever is in charge I'll be hoping for us to win each match as winning is the only way we're getting back to the Premier League.

Yes, as I said, if you don't want him gone then it is of course daft to want a defeat.

Â