Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Where did I say finishing 13th was "the plan"?

Good work. 

Well it clearly wasn't the plan, which is why I described it as a cock up. It's just my opinion. You didn't agree, that's fair enough. 

47 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well it clearly wasn't the plan, which is why I described it as a cock up. It's just my opinion. You didn't agree, that's fair enough. 

Well no - your initial point was entirely about spending and FFP, nothing to do with league position. You just chucked that in at me and asked if it was "the plan".

I don't see any teams as strong as Newcastle or Brighton next year. Sunderland and Hull should need too much work to go back up, boro will probably be a contender. No one left in the playoffs should dominate next year. 

There's really no excuse for us not being a strong challenge for the top 2 places next year. 

If Bruce is the manager some believe then he should be there

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why the snide comments like this?

I mean, we know we won't be challenging for promotion. It's been explained many times in this thread as Bruce isn't improving at all. We'll finish 13th if not lower. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why the snide comments like this?

I mean, we know we won't be challenging for promotion. It's been explained many times in this thread as Bruce isn't improving at all. We'll finish 13th if not lower. 

Yes it does read like a snide comment, that wasn't the intention. Apologies.

I was just using the faith in him as back up to the fact I don't believe there are any runaway dominating teams in the league next season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

This is true then this will be the greatest test of his management career. A lot of his jobs he brought in players to cover over cracks but this will show his coaching skills

I see a problem right there.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I don't see any teams as strong as Newcastle or Brighton next year. Sunderland and Hull should need too much work to go back up, boro will probably be a contender. No one left in the playoffs should dominate next year. 

There's really no excuse for us not being a strong challenge for the top 2 places next year. 

Agreed , there's no reason to fear anyone but vital we get off to a good start and build momentum .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm one for keeping Bruce, I absolutely agree that we should be right up there next season and anything other than promotion is a dismissal.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Agreed , there's no reason to fear anyone but vital we get off to a good start and build momentum .

I expect us to approach every game with fear show our opposition far to much respect and play a DM in every game with our midfielders not allowed to go past the half way line

This is the Steve Bruce way

Edited by AshVilla

Worth noting that the same author of yesterday's piece did an article on 28th December that said we'd rejected a 25m bid from China for Amavi. I'm sure there was a Xia tweet that confirmed it.

I'm sure we can get people off the wage bill and raise 15-20m in the squad.

I think everyone out on loan will go for various reasons, I believe QPR had a bid for Elphick turned down in the window so he's another I expect we'll move on and Amavi to me is the very obvious first team player we can significantly cash in on which won't weaken us at all given his underwhelming performances in various positions this year.

Sanchez has already gone for 2.5m, we'd move on Gil for a similar fee, Veretout for a bit more and then another 10m for Amavi and Elphick and that's pretty much 20m right there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Well no - your initial point was entirely about spending and FFP, nothing to do with league position. You just chucked that in at me and asked if it was "the plan".

Sorry if that came across as having a dig personally. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Let's sack Bruce and get in Marco Silva I heard once (at least) cos he is the progressive manager who will do wonders with Hull's squad. Rel-e-gated :D

He did wonders with Hull squad he won 8 in 21 when they had won once all season before that. Interestingly with the shit squad Bruce had built

• Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

He did wonders with Hull squad he won 8 in 21 when they had won once all season before that. Interestingly with the shit squad Bruce had built

Yep sure that's fine but still they got relegated despite his magical managerial powers. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yep sure that's fine but still they got relegated despite his magical managerial powers. 

they were relegated when he took over and fact he got them to 2nd last game of season is more impressive than most managers in the Premier League. Only Conte and Clement have performed better

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Let's sack Bruce and get in Marco Silva I heard once (at least) cos he is the progressive manager who will do wonders with Hull's squad. Rel-e-gated :D

I know you're being facetious, and I've no call for Marco Silva. But that's less times than Bruce has got a team relegated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

1.35 ppg with a Hull side that is ghastly and after a negative net spend of £5m in January.

They had 13 points when he joined after 20 games, currently on 34 points.

If you add in the way he's transformed the way they play I'd say he's worked wonders.

13 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I know you're being facetious, and I've no call for Marco Silva. But that's less times than Bruce has got a team relegated. 

Yes mate I am being a bit of a knob :ph34r:

1 minute ago, sne said:

1.35 ppg with a Hull side that is ghastly and after a negative net spend of £5m in January.

They had 13 points when he joined after 20 games, currently on 34 points.

If you add in the way he's transformed the way they play I'd say he's worked wonders.

I'm sure he'll have no problem getting automatic promotion next season then. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sure he'll have no problem getting automatic promotion next season then. 

I'm sure he won't be at Hull next season.

• Like 1

Â