Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sure you're right my post was sarcastic to say the least. 

Does kinda back my point though, a Marco Silva would never come to a side in the championship. Hence why I believe Bruce is the type of manager who will manage us and hopefully will get us promoted. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sure he'll have no problem getting automatic promotion next season then. 

He'll be a team playing in Europe. Benfica I believe are pretty close.

Be great to get him here ahead of Bruce, wouldn't you agree?

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll be a team playing in Europe. Benfica I believe are pretty close.

Be great to get him here ahead of Bruce, wouldn't you agree?

Sure, maybe the Easter bunny could be his assistant and Santa Claus the director of football. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He did wonders with Hull squad he won 8 in 21 when they had won once all season before that. Interestingly with the shit squad Bruce had built

Yeah, but good managers get the best out of 'em, so i am told.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Agreed , there's no reason to fear anyone but vital we get off to a good start and build momentum .

No, its vital to win the games that take us up.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

FFS.

Kodj injury and now this FFP news.

The excuses are all there for him.

Pretend Bruce isn't the manager. Would we say they're genuine problems and not excuses?

You've lost you 20 goal a season striker. Oh and the guy we hired before you pissed a lot of our money up the wall, so can you fix the squad with loans please?

If we're going to have a pop at brucey then lets make sure it's decent popping.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

OK now we've reached a point were we want a manager from Hull who just got relegated, because they had a nice little winning streak.

He is even more brilliant because he managed to win some games with a crap squad built by Bruce. A squad that got promoted from the league we're in?? promoted under Bruce.

Am I at the tea party? everyone's gone mad right?

Silva is a coach who is highly regarded throughout Europe and will most likely be managing a well known European side before the end of the summer. Yes Hull got relegated but what he did in the time he was given was brilliant. They had won once all season and promptly sold two of there best players when he came in without replacing them. 

I do get the irony of the situation though and there's no way Silva would come here anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Silva is a coach who is highly regarded throughout Europe and will most likely be managing a well known European side before the end of the summer. Yes Hull got relegated but what he did in the time he was given was brilliant. They had won once all season and promptly sold two of there best players when he came in without replacing them. 

I do get the irony of the situation though and there's no way Silva would come here anyway. 

Indeed.

Yet our own failings to win away, or string a couple of wins together since?? god knows when was rectified by Bruce. We won away had a great winning streak. Sure there was bad results thrown in the mix. But all that shouldn't be dismissed because it wasn't sexy enough.

Get out this league. Then worry about attracting the Silvas of this world.

10 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Indeed.

Yet our own failings to win away, or string a couple of wins together since?? god knows when was rectified by Bruce. We won away had a great winning streak. Sure there was bad results thrown in the mix. But all that shouldn't be dismissed because it wasn't sexy enough.

Get out this league. Then worry about attracting the Silvas of this world.

It should be dismissed because it wasn't consistently good enough over 35 games. We'd almost all sacrifice attractive football over effective football but at 1.5 points a game I'm afraid he hasn't given us either. 

Most worrying of all he hasn't shown any real signs of changing anything to improve the situation next season. Repeatedly saying he knows what's wrong but doing nothing about it isn't a good sign, quite the opposite. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

FFS.

Kodj injury and now this FFP news.

The excuses are all there for him.

I am gonna be honest i don't get posts like this. Bruce for me seems like the one manager who doesn't make excuses, he openly says we have been poor when we dont perform and praises them when they do well. he isn't a Sherwood who blames everyone but himself I don't get where people come up with this kind of stuff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Early 2017/18 call for more time TRO? ;)

I think you misconstrue my point Dave......i wasn't putting conditions on the early start just focussing on the overall objective.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Even though Bruce has lost Kodja, he's signed a goalscorer in Hogan. He needs to find a way to play to his strengths because this season, we have done anything but.

He also has McCormack. It's his job to get the best out of these players and the squad he has regardless of injuries. 

Losing kodjia is a blow, for me it's not an excuse for us not being competitive in chasing those top 2 spots. 

The problem is that under Bruce we've relied on Kodjia to win games on his own. 

• Like 1

There isn't a manager born that you can't find fault with.

If a fan never wanted Bruce, nothing he does will change that, they will find something.

More will be revealed next season ,if he is to continue with us.

I am comfortable with the modest funds, it stands to reason we have to balance the books......and we have bought too many players that have not worked out....yes all clubs do that, but the ratio of good v bad is what makes the difference at clubs.

it seems to me with our record, loan players seems an economic way of dealing with it......until we can get better and attract players that are liable to give us a return and the odds work in our favour.

god we have bought some shite over the last 10 years.

• Like 1

Â