Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

I've got higher hopes that just beating those jokers heading to league 1. 

We all have. 

We all know there's a lot of work to be done but manking on about it straight after the final whistle of a victory is a little sad 

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Yes definitely the players at fault and not Bruce, how did he expect us to score today, Hogan was completely isolated, Grealish and Adomah didn't get on the ball enough and offered no support to our lone striker. If you think that's the players fault then I am wasting my time debating the manager as you don't appear to understand the basics. Sorry.

yes, in the main, I think it's the players fault, in as much as I think they could do more.

If i don't understand the basics.....don't debate with me.

but has it ever occurred to you.....I simply do not agree with you.

i would suspect the issues surrounding Grealish and Adomah we would disagree on anyway, so  I am not going to try.

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We all have. 

We all know there's a lot of work to be done but manking on about it straight after the final whistle of a victory is a little sad 

Why? It was a crap performance, another one under him. 

Ignoring the way we play because we beat those lot is small time. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That is the worry. Watching Gabby not give a **** and not fearful just highlighted the fact everyone is so timid. So scared of making a mistake. So scared of being the one to give the ball away. I think this club and stadium is too big for a few of them.

Its not as daft as it sounds.....I think the ground does raise expectations, maybe standards they just can't reach.

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I agree with that but don't see how bacuna can start ahead of hourihane who has the most assists in the whole division .

He may have the assists....but not as much energy.

we do need a busy industrious midfielder, I don't think Hourihane is

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

He may have the assists....but not as much energy.

we do need a busy industrious midfielder, I don't think Hourihane is

I agree with you on many things but think hourihane offers us far far more than bacuna 

Who signed Hourihane? Are we going to sign players to complement him or is he going to be ditched? We simply cannot carry on signing 5 or 6 players every window, we need to have some kind of plan.

18 minutes ago, andym said:

We have two 20 goal a season strikers, the likes of Adomah, Grealish. Lansbury had 6 goals and 3 assists in his 18 games for Forest before he signed for us, Hourihan 6 goals and 11 assists in his 25 games for Barnsley.

And yet suddenly when they play for us all of them apart from Kodjia have lost that ability?

We need to get over this idea that we can only either have 'grind out the wins' type football, or pretty football that does not get results. 

Why can't we play decent football, keep the ball better, score goals and get wins - just like the teams higher up the table?

Bruce will have no excuse next season - the style of play must improve.

I agree the style of football has to improve......it just happens that Steve Bruce agrees with you too.

How do you know that the stats you mention, were not actually down to the players they played with at their previous clubs , just a thought.

I have seen very little to get excited about from Hourihane or Lansbury.

our attacks break down too easily and we lose the ball far too easily.

we are some way from playing the way you , me and Steve Bruce wants us to play.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree the style of football has to improve......it just happens that Steve Bruce agrees with you too.

How do you know that the stats you mention, were not actually down to the players they played with at their previous clubs , just a thought.

I have seen very little to get excited about from Hourihane or Lansbury.

our attacks break down too easily and we lose the ball far too easily.

we are some way from playing the way you , me and Steve Bruce wants us to play.

And who signed these players?

• Like 2

We really did mess up our January transfer business if we signed 2 passing oriented CM's in Lansbury & Hourihane but needed a Joey Barton type as what we want to do is hoof and battle.

Signed an attacker in Hogan who want's the ball on the floor but is used as a target man.

Signed a RB in Bree who we use as a RW.

All supposedly need to be replaced if we are to kick on next season?

Shame Bjarnason got injured because he was played in all positions during his few games with us.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why? It was a crap performance, another one under him. 

Ignoring the way we play because we beat those lot is small time. 

Some people think that because you have won you should suspend all of your critical faculties. Given how shit this season has been and the level we're playing it, I personally do not feel as much passion anymore, so it's far easier to be critical and to think with my head rather than my heart in times like this. 

Of course, I'm really glad we won, but not going to let that get in the way of the bigger picture, which doesn't at all look great to me. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

A good manager will identify a system, sign players to fit the system and then buy better players to improve the system. Bruce buys players like a game if Championship Manager as he hasn't even identified his system yet, look forward to another summer of players signed based in stats and also Alex Bruce at some point?

• Like 1

I don't like Bruce's style of football, it doesn't entertain me and therefore I've not renewed my season ticket - I'll pick and choose games instead. 

I do think he'll get us up, but at some point I'd like to see a better standard of football at Villa Park. 

• Like 1

The result is all that mattered today, but that performance was absolutely awful. I don't really buy the derby excuse either, this was a million miles away from the intensity of previous encounters. Blues are absolutely abysmal, make no mistake about it, and yet again under Bruce, we were put under far to much pressure for long periods.

We set up far to defensively again, which just invites the opposition on to us. Hogan was completely isolated again, and im still not sure what Bacuna was meant to be doing.

I know i probably sound grumpy, I'm delighted that we won, but Bruce's style is beginning to wear me down. That was **** atrocious today.  

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Derby games are rarely pretty. We won that's all that matters. Bruce knows there is still a hell of a lot of work to be done in the summer. 

Agree. Derby games are rarely easy on the eye. Wasn't happy with the first half, Bruce brings on Gabby and we score personally I'm delighted with how it went and also a clean sheet.

• Like 1

Was poor. But he made an early sub which completely changed the game and again we didn't look like conceding with our first choice back 4.

Though to be honest, in the derby I don't care if we have 0 shots and 1% possession so long as we win.

• Like 2

Â