Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Was happy with the first half. But he has to do something with the mentality. 

As soon as they scored, everything changed.

Before their goal we were pressing, we played high up the pitch, we were energetic, we had belief.

As soon as they scored it was like a light switch, and it all disappeared. No belief, no energy, no pressure, no intent. Nothing.

Second half was diabolical.

and it's not the first, second or even third time, either

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think we've blown a load of money on crap, run of the mill to decent at best championship players. Hogan is the only one with a real standout record and he's made out of glass (and still never worth anywhere near £15m).

Fair enough, but at this point they are not even playing "average".

Bare in mind Daniel Johnson, another one of our "shite", "championship at best" players is "the man" at a lowly Preston team above us for example.

Most managers would be doing a damn sight better with these players no matter the spin!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Any argument for stability with Bruce is rubbish. There's absolutely nothing happening that's stable. Different formations, different players, players in different positions. He's not building anything he's winging it. Making it up as he goes along hoping for something to work. 

I'm amazed at just how terrible he's turned out to be. 

The response of the players to Hogan's injury was disgusting. Good managers get their teams close knit, ready to run through brick walls for each other. Bruce has clearly not built this sense of solidarity up within the squad. 

Also clear to me that throwing massive money at this level of player is just going to attract a mercenary mentality. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, knoppy1987 said:

My opinion is that we need to get behind the team and manager and do our best to see this through. We need some foundation/core and chopping and changing because we're all miffed after 5-6 years cannot be a continued risk to take. 

Or maybe after the past 5-6 years it's a case of deja vu again. Seen it all before the signs are all there of a manager who just again isn't working.

5 minutes ago, kevpants said:

It's a legitimate option. Dressing room revolt. Ignore his instructions and let one or two of the natural leaders in the dressing room decide. England also won a rugby world cup this way. We need about 3 wins. Any idiot could get us them, not Bruce though.

I think the last few weeks have shown that we have no natural leaders in the team . No character or fight 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

I'm behind Bruce - I just feel we have to see a manager through and try and prove that yet more change is not what is required. It is a risk, but getting new managers in has been also. 

I have grown very tired of the in the door and out the door culture; not just with Villa. It reminds me of Cagliari or Palermo. I remember sitting here last summer and we're all yearning for new players etc. In hindsight, would we have been any worse off than we are now even if we did despise some of players attitude after last season? The same could be said about RDM being in charge, or the wave of January transfers. Are we satisfying the excitement of a transfer/new manager akin to the purchase of the latest and greatest IPhone or whatever to satisfy the soul? 

My opinion is that we need to get behind the team and manager and do our best to see this through. We need some foundation/core and chopping and changing because we're all miffed after 5-6 years cannot be a continued risk to take. 

You Sir are in a minority. How can you stand behind this shit!

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Or maybe after the past 5-6 years it's a case of deja vu again. Seen it all before the signs are all there of a manager who just again isn't working.

I agree - it's a risk and I accept it will be one some or many fans of Aston Villa might not be willing to take. However, for me, I want to stick and not twist. It is not just the change of manager for me, it is everything else that comes with that change.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

2 points from 27. 

Defend that if you like, I'm not going to. Get rid, and the whole coaching staff. We could replace them with dead badgers and get a better points return from 9 games.

DEAD BADGERS CLARET AND BLUE ARMY !!!

• Like 1

Just now, knoppy1987 said:

I agree - it's a risk and I accept it will be one some or many fans of Aston Villa might not be willing to take. However, for me, I want to stick and not twist. It is not just the change of manager for me, it is everything else that comes with that change.

Had he got a win in the last few games maybe, not now, we can't score and we can't get a point. We need a new manager to not be in league one next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Was happy with the first half. But he has to do something with the mentality. 

As soon as they scored, everything changed.

Before their goal we were pressing, we played high up the pitch, we were energetic, we had belief.

As soon as they scored it was like a light switch, and it all disappeared. No belief, no energy, no pressure, no intent. Nothing.

Second half was diabolical.

you'd understand this dread if you were part of the absolute bashing of last year, but these players shouldn't be feeling like this. they shouldn't be collapsing mentally like this. yet they are. again and again and again ad infinitum. we'll turn things around eventually, because nothing lasts forever. not even our shower of shite that keeps raining down like a bloody tsunami. but I don't think that turning point is coming anytime soon.

• Like 1

Never had anything against Bruce, although not a manager I have ever rated or wanted, but I am actually starting to borderline hate him due to the anger & frustration of the time we are going through. I am sick of the same shit, week after week, complete ineptitude and lack of so many things that I no longer have the energy to keep on repeating.

Needs to go now, should walk if he has anything about him rather than come out with the tired old crap and excuses after every game. An unacceptable run of losses, we are an utter embarrassment and are going to ruin. We have to take action, you can only try but sitting back and letting disaster and ruin continue is a crime...

Completely drained, distressed and depressed about our club, Change is needed more than ever, there is no reasonable defence or cause for continuing like this...

• Like 2

Â