Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Rafa Benitez, no promotions, Chris Hughton, 1, Wagner 0, Stam 0, Monk, 0 and Carlos Carvalhal 0. Where are these 6 managers history ? where is their pedigree in this league?

The defense used on bruce logic, means that these managers are all bad and worse than Bruce, because Bruce has 4 times as many promotions as these combined. Yet. these 6 managers are in the top 6 and we are in a relegation battle. People are so caught up about his history, history counts for sh¤t. Every decision he has made so far has been wrong. There is no logical reason reason to keep him. Oh, and the stability argument, only Hughton of the top 6 managers, has been at the club for 2 full seasons.

I'm not defending Bruce at all and I think he should go but I think there are particularly deep-seated issues at this club that aren't necessarily present at most or all of the clubs you mentioned.

That said I don't think we should just go after another experienced Championship manager after him. We may as well go abroad for someone who's got a record of playing good, cultured football.

Could it be that Bruce is at a point in his career where he isn't 100% up for the fight?

Just like players, managers go through periods where they are not driven or motivated enough.

He might have thought that this would be an easy, cozy job where he could pick up a hefty salary without even having the pressure of getting into the play off spots.

Big club, loads of money, on paper at least a the opportunity to buy a good squad.

And just like us he probably thought that whatever happened he would not be as bad as the previous managers. Easy job...

Probably not.

But if this is Bruce at 100% and commitment then he isn't half the manager I thought he was. And I did not rate him to start with.

45 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Firstly, I've no confidence at all that leaving Bruce in place will allow us to avoid relegation and secondly, I think Bruce has already had a 'reasonable' amount of time to show progress. So for me burying our heads in the sand and hoping for the best will lead to league 1

He's had less than half a season and about 3 weeks with his new players.  That's enough time?  It might seem like an eternal nightmare at the moment but 3 weeks to gel a team is not by anyone's reasonable standards enough time.

Edited by tezzaleed

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Could it be that Bruce is at a point in his career where he isn't 100% up for the fight?

Just like players, managers go through periods where they are not driven or motivated enough.

He might have thought that this would be an easy, cozy job where he could pick up a hefty salary without even having the pressure of getting into the play off spots.

Big club, loads of money, on paper at least a the opportunity to buy a good squad.

And just like us he probably thought that whatever happened he would not be as bad as the previous managers. Easy job...

Probably not.

But if this is Bruce at 100% and commitment then he isn't half the manager I thought he was. And I did not rate him to start with.

Yup, I remember when he came in he was even having subtle digs at the others.

Funny thing is XIA sacked RDM so we could secure promotion THIS season.

RDM was adamant this was a 2 year project, doesn't seem so crazy now. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably not.

Seems like everybody who walks through the doors, players or managers, end up with hardly fight left in them after a few of months.

Edited by Mantis

22 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Rafa Benitez, no promotions, Chris Hughton, 1, Wagner 0, Stam 0, Monk, 0 and Carlos Carvalhal 0. Where are these 6 managers history ? where is their pedigree in this league?

The defense used on bruce logic, means that these managers are all bad and worse than Bruce, because Bruce has 4 times as many promotions as these combined. 

I don't think there's a single person on VT who has said this.

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

He's had less than half a season and about 3 weeks with his new players.  That's enough time?  It might seem like an eternal nightmare at the moment but 3 weeks to gel a team is not by anyone's reasonable standards enough time.

Isn't it?

We're signing proven players at this level. We've got a proven manager at this level. 

We should be still getting fairly decent results while we wait for things to gel and click. 

No team in the whole of English football is getting worse results than us in 2017. That can't be just because we haven't gelled. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably not.

Yes mid late 50s, managers loose their drive the same as players do. I think the way he handled the McCormack issue, even exaggerating about the height of the fence has showed he's not right.

From what I've seen recently at the Villa, caretaker bosses have actually turned out worse than the manager's they've replaced.

Not a good idea in my book and I wouldn't want Calderwood anyway.

• Like 1

Â