Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's a results based business and, on results, you can't really argue with what Bruce has done.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's a results based business and, on results, you can't really But the football we play is generally poor - and we have so many decent attacking players!

But absolutely no midfield. If after January our style hasn't improved I'd agree Bruce has questions to answer, but this is the worst midfield i can remember as a fan. It is however our best run of form for a few years.

Dear Mr Bruce,

Why the #¤%#! did you pick Gabby to play up front? When it didn't work, why didn't you take him off at half time? 15 min into the second half and it still didn't work, why didn't you take him off? On 62 min, when his heavy touch cost us a goal, why didn't you take him off? The minute after, when he takes another heavy touch in a similar situation, why didn't you take him off? When were losing and it still didn't work, why the #¤%#! did you wait until the 72th before you took him off??

Please give an explanation to why McCormack doesn't play more.

• Like 1

We need to change things up, we are picking up points at home but away from home we cannot create anything. McCormack is a proven Championship player and needs to be starting from now on. Thankfully we have an owner that is willing to back us, we need two CMs in January at the very minimum. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Messed it up big time. It's 2016 and he still thinks Gabby is a serious option. Give it up ffs. 

I said this a few weeks back- if Bruce genuinely believes that Gabby is a better player than Kodjia and not just trying to boost his confidence which clearly I am aware he might be-  than we should be worried 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed.

But absolutely no midfield. If after January our style hasn't improved I'd agree Bruce has questions to answer, but this is the worst midfield i can remember as a fan. It is however our best run of form for a few years.

It's our best run of form because we are playing shit Championship teams.

Performances and line-ups like today is why I will never accept this whole "managers see them every day so they know more about the players than the fans" and that football people are all knowing semi gods. Especially considering the charlatans that we've had to endure over the years as Villa fans,

Although I fully acknowledge that there are loads of things going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.

Thing is thou.

All us fans know exactly what we can expect from Gabby as central striker nowadays.

We know that 9 out of 10 times Westwood will be anonymous and the game will pass him by. (some might strongly disagree on this one ;))

I at least have seen enough already  to say that Kodija is in fact not better out wide, and so on.

Bruce has only been here a short time, and he only has what he has to work with. In midfield that is not a lot. He will fix that in January, he has to.

That said, today was simply pathetic and a lot of that was down to selection and late subs.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

There are glaring problems of balance in this side.

I hear the comments of line-up , but I am not so sure about that......we could'nt get the very basics right.....in boxing terms we were completely out pointed.

you could pick any permutation of our squad and I would not expect any difference, the basics were completely missing.

being able to stoop this low in performance is a slap in the face for any expectation of promotion.you would hope that this was just a night when so many were off form.

I suspect that while we have all wallowed in the results of late, the performances must of left a tad of doubt in the most discerning of us.

we simply don't function as a team at best.....that was just an utter shambles.

1-0 flattered us.

• Like 1

I am not aiming blame at any individual.....but we have recently spent 100 million in 2 seasons work to end up with players that perform like that.

I don't know why we can't sign players who can exhibit the basics.

We were outplayed, tonight and the score could have been more.

all teams have lows, but that was pretty low.

Â