Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

That to me reads:

'Our new manager is ging to be Steve Bruce. Not because he is out of work, but because we think he is the Best man for the job'

Really? Don't you think he's just saying they aren't being impatient about making an appointment?

• Like 2

Maybe @romavillan. But then if we were after a Wagner for instance, the time frame is partly governed by his current employers, which therefore requires patience. 

I think that sentence is the Dr telling us that they are happy with the choice , which isn't down to impatience. Which only really works for managers instantly attainable.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Maybe @romavillan. But then if we were after a Wagner for instance, the time frame is partly governed by his current employers, which therefore requires patience. 

I think that sentence is the Dr telling us that they are happy with the choice , which isn't down to impatience. Which only really works for managers instantly attainable.

He said it's down to 2. 

If it Wagner, sadly again it will require time, by what I have read he is a Klopp protege, and as you all know it has taken time for Klopps team to start ticking. However enormous potential! I kinda want it to be him purely based off of what I have read.

So no doubt it will be Bruce.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

The most important word in this sentence is was " Have to state again that our decision was nothing due to impatience "

That last bit just reads like someone saying "don't get upset but..." as if being somewhat apologetic for the choice.

Hope not.

I'm not sure he can make that sort of statement "25 to 10 to 3", then approach / appoint Steve Bruce.

There's just no conceivable possibility that of 25 candidates he is the best one.

(Unless the other 24 consisted of Sherwood, Black, RDM, McCleish and their close relatives).

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was reported as 3. 

I'm going to lay Steve Bruce I think. I've a feeling he's not even one of the two.

Felt the odds on him were really short from the get go but there's nothign to rule him out yet so still not free money...