Next Villa Manager

Richard

4 minutes ago, DevonVilla said:

My thoughts exactly.

Can only mean they want to give whoever is shortlisted their fair crack in the interview.

I don't think Dr Tony wants to be seen as handing over a job without have spoken to the guy face to face. Thats right and proper IMO. You don't give out the villa job over the telephone. The message from the top has to be 'everything matters'  I was particularly encouraged by Xia following the academy results and saying we must improve.

The phone up steve bruce (or any candidate) and just offer him the job sends the wrong messages IMO.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

For me long term is more than 12 months.  Some are saying get Bruce,  he gets us up this year then we change in the summer.  Bonkers

Getting out of this division is the be all and end all. No point in planning long term if we don't go up and lose parachute payments. Then we'll be lucky to have a future at all. 

18 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Harry redknapp wants the job, says we can pay him when we are in the playoffs.

He also mentioned whats wrong with the side.. how RDM picked too many strikers and the side didnt have balance. I dont want him as manager.. but even old senile Harry can spot the issues. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think Dr Tony wants to be seen as handing over a job without have spoken to the guy face to face. Thats right and proper IMO. You don't give out the villa job over the telephone. The message from the top has to be 'everything matters'  I was particularly encouraged by Xia following the academy results and saying we must improve.

The phone up steve bruce (or any candidate) and just offer him the job sends the wrong messages IMO.

But if he was the favourite.. all this would have been done already. Whats the delay? Sounds to me that he may not be the favourite. 

Two ways of looking at it I think.  One, the club want to do (and be seen to do) due diligence including looking at different candidates, Tony meeting them face-to-face etc - so even if Bruce is 1st choice we get a long process after which the club can say we did a thorough search and selection and Bruce was the best option.  Second, you are right, they are seriously looking at other candidates which means sounding out and interviewing managers at clubs and then, I guess, negotiating compensation, which complicates matters and delays things.  Got a feeling this will take a while yet.

Edited by Gary Thomas

6 hours ago, NuneatonVilla said:

I'm really surprised more hasn't been made about Grayson coming due to his connection with the club and his nice comments about the fans following last weeks fixture. For example Brian Little is on the board, the manager who brought Grayson the first time round as a player, could he bring him here again as manager? Also Ross McCormack played under him at Leeds, got the best of him there, maybe Ross will put a good word for him there.

I remember Southgate saying he was  a shite signing and questioned the clubs ambition

3 minutes ago, NuneatonVilla said:

To his credit least he's keeping us update. 

Yep, those are the sort of tweets that are very welcome.

Edited by Designer1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

My moneys on Wagner

Hmmm, no chance for Smith? Value in laying Bruce at evens? Will it not be him? Nowhere near as easy to bet on as last time after the wyness appointment! That was free money...

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

The most important word in this sentence is was " Have to state again that our decision was nothing due to impatience "

That to me reads:

'Our new manager is ging to be Steve Bruce. Not because he is out of work, but because we think he is the Best man for the job'

Edited by av1