Next Villa Manager

Richard

The names mentioned whenever were after a manager always scares the shit out of me, worst part of it is some of them seem like pretty serious suggestions :D

Bruce just doesnt fill me with confidence though if im honest, i know hes the favourite and hes been promoted before but what then? Sack him and hire someone else? Do we just go for a short term guy like that instead of always long term thinking?

• Like 1

Ive decided.. Wagner is my number one choice. Not that it matters.. but we have not had a long term manager for a while.. we are unlikely to to up this season..even with Bruce. So would prefer a long term approach like Wagner. Bruce will just be sacked when we get up and then we have to start again.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't believe Villa let me get to the point where I'm actually hoping Steve Bruce will become our manager in the space of 5 years. I feel violated.

Don't worry.  There is a plan for us to become one of the top five clubs in the world in something less than five years.

Steve Bruce would be a concrete step in that progression because, well, I'll leave that for others to explain.  But just keep focussed on the vision for 2020, yeah?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Blimey.  Forgot about 'the Keane years'............

Apropos of nothing in particular.........(and I know they didn't all manage but...)

2010-2016.......

Macdonald. Aitken. Houllier. Mcallister. Keane. Wilkins. Sherwood. Lambert. RDM . Clarke. Mcleish. Garde. Black. The Marshalls.

That's an entire First Eleven and some Subs in 6 years !!!

1970 - 1982

Crowe. Saunders.

Blimey eh ?

Wasnt Aitken only here during O'Leary time

I actually hate Steve Bruce, I always have. not just because of blues connection, but when he was at United, Sunderland, Wigan, the way he treated Crystal Palace even his pathetic tantrum at Sheffield United about sportsmanship. I do really despise the man and dont want him near the club

• Like 4

Since O'Neill left we've had 6 permanent managers and aside from Lambert none of them managed to even reach 50 matches. Absolutely mad. Also, the 3 managers in our history with the worst win ratios have all been in the past 5 years.

Edited by Mantis