Next Villa Manager

Richard

looking at odds on the net, no interest in betting, just to have a look at the bookie's markets to see who they think is in the frame.

top 3:

Bruce

Dean Smith

David Wagner

Before RDM got sacked, I was championing Rowett and Hughton, but they're not featured highly. I can see that the obvious option is BRuce and seeing a lot of support on here for him. Wasn't that keen on Bruce a few days ago, warming to it now...

I really hope though that whoever we get as manager that they aren't facing any Telegraph scandals. We are a laughing stock at the moment I wouldn't want us facing further embarrassment and disruption. I'm not saying any of the above are at all, it's a slightly awkward time to be looking for managers with some facing a sh--storm but surely the club would have ways of inside-industry fact gathering on that sort of stuff. That nonsense aside, if it was Bruce appointed I could get with that. Not my favourite choice but these are desperate times.

I hope we don't weigh up someones convenience factor as a big determinant on their suitability. That Bruce is available now, lives locally.... that's all well and good but I think we can do better to be honest. Money isn't an issue to pay someone out of their contract, entice them to relocate here etc. Like I say though the tiny disappointment I would have with a Bruce appointment would dissipate quickly if the points came in though. I wouldn't get on his back if we didn't go up so long as we imprve and give it all, tjat he gets the best or better from the players. Afterall, RDM has in a way, handicapped our progress this season. Nearly a quarter of the season gone and all. Onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Half the squad would refuse to train, the rest would either get injured in the process or be blowing out their arse after 10 mins :lol:

Could be that the squad could benefit from a few arse blowing sessions. To clean the air.

Jesus,  for all the insane people talking about Sherwood please please please remember that most of his wins were when he just took over and installed a bit of shock value into the players. 

Have you forgotten what it was like after he had his feet under the table? He was every bit as bad as any manager we have ever had and is as much to blame for last year's humiliating capitulation of our club as anyone else if not more so. To boot he started lying and changing his story. 

The fist pumping is a sham,  he is an utter charlatan and should never ever be allowed to con his was into an inevitably huge payout from any professional sports team ever again,  least of all this club. 

Please desist with your nonsense and think about what you are saying. The win ratio is a complete red herring. RDM is a tactical Goliath compared to him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Jesus,  for all the insane people talking about Sherwood please please please remember that most of his wins were when he just took over and installed a bit of shock value into the players. 

Have you forgotten what it was like after he had his feet under the table? He was every bit as bad as any manager we have ever had and is as much to blame for last year's humiliating capitulation of our club as anyone else if not more so. To boot he started lying and changing his story. 

The fist pumping is a sham,  he is an utter charlatan and should never ever be allowed to con his was into an inevitably huge payout from any professional sports team ever again,  least of all this club. 

Please desist with your nonsense and think about what you are saying. The win ratio is a complete red herring. RDM is a tactical Goliath compared to him. 

Well. I'd say that wraps it up.

I guess the Doctor may be looking to appoint a new boss that will not have expectations that are too lavash when it comes to the January window given his spending to date. Could that be Mr Potato Bread?   

• Like 1