Next Villa Manager

Richard

1 minute ago, Richard said:

You sure ?

Yes. I think he's the best choice for manager, but I've got no reason to pedal an unsubstantiated rumour that he really wants the job. If he doesn't, fine, just speculating on things I've read and heard. 

serious question ?  What has Dyche done that Bruce hasn't ? 

Not a dig at Dyche - but wed all be shouting for joy if he got the job. I could be wrong but he has Burnley promoted twice and relegated once ?

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

serious question ?  What has Dyche done that Bruce hasn't ? 

Not a dig at Dyche - but wed all be shouting for joy if he got the job. I could be wrong but he has Burnley promoted twice and relegated once ?

His team(s) play a better brand of football imo.

I don't want Dyche or Bruce!

Robbie Savage and Danny Mills giving their 2 cents worth today about who we should appoint!

I am suprised they have not been head hunted by the FA for who the new England manager should be!  rocket polishers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I get this sneaky feeling that not everyone is going to be pleased with this next manager!

Haha, we could Pep working for free, with SAF as his assistant and I'd bet my life a fair percentage of Villa fans would say it was a mistake.

There are few certainties in this world, fans divided over a signing or a manager is one of them.

Out of all the names brandished so far (3) I would take Wagner.. and that is saying something cause I know **** all about the guy!

I couldn't care less what Bruce has achieved in his life at whatever club he has been at, I don't want him anywhere near Villa Park!

And everyone already has their own feelings about the ginger umbrella man!

I do however suspect that our next appointment won't be any of the above anyway!  :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I couldn't care less what Bruce has achieved in his life at whatever club he has been at, I don't want him anywhere near Villa Park!

Why? Because he's an ugly potato head or because his blues side embarrassed us, 3 times, over a decade ago? Those are the only 3 reasons I can imagine anyone not wanting him. Or that he's a short term appointment IF we get out of this league, which I'm past caring about (the short term part). 

I'd deffo take Dyche over him. I just don't see that as realistic right now. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Neither, Just more the fact he is a yo-yo manager who has not won a thing in the process.

If we need to rely on Steve Bruce as our savior then I am giving up football altogether if it has came to this!

I think you underestimate the position we are in as a club..

• Like 3

The wagner taking his players on a team building survival trip...... surely that's just basic common sense that all managers should instantly think about?

It's moments like this, where sone thing like that is highlighted as unique that makes me realise how many utter numpties there are in football and just how much they are making a relatively straight forward job, difficult.

I honestly believe that if I walked onto most professional teams training grounds I would see some proper bleak coaching. For example.... I'm sure I'd see plenty of running around a pitch as a warm-up. Wtf is that all about?

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Trust me,  I don't.

Then is the aim at this stage not to get back into the Premier League, rather than win things? That's if we've not left it too late this year. 

I don't remember this club EVER taking the stable, likely short term option. It's always gamble, gamble, gamble. Bored of it myself. 

• Like 1

This is why the next appointment is very important DDID.

Like you say, not just another stop gap manager or someone just to save us etc.

I am sure you will agree that they need to be put in place now and know the sky is the limit for them, but at the same time ideally we should avoid journeymen championship managers and think a little beyond this.

• Like 1

It's a massive appointment have to get this one right or we could end up being another Leeds.I like the sound of Wagner he gas done well at Huddersfield and think he would be the type of manager that could help build the club up again but I suppose he is still unproven so maybe Bruce would be the more solid option he has a great record of getting teams promoted ,I would be happy with either of these two ,but in saying that was happy with the RDM and Garde appointments aswell so I probably not the best judge on managers !