Next Villa Manager

Richard

I think it will be Bruce. He's the solid manager who could get us up and keep us up. I'd love us to gamble on a Wagner or a Dean Smith but we need to get up so it may be best to play safe. We can still go up this year. Our squad is as good as any and as long as we are in touch at Xmas we can have a good crack at automatic but should easily get the playoffs. We've been badly managed and yet should be in touching distance of the top spots. With a new manager and some momentum we can close the gap quite quickly. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The club have to get this appointment right. In the last 12 months we have had more managers than wins and that is absolute madness. We can’t afford anymore gambles so it is a safe pair of hands in Bruce for me. Four promotions, and one of those just last season. He knows this division and what it takes to get out of it. I think he would have us quickly organised.

He also knows all about us as well having lived in the area for so long. He knows how big the club is and the expectation levels.

I think he could hit the ground ruining and that is exactly what we need. Long term if the goal is to be in the upper echelons of the Premier League he is not the man but he is the man to take us the first steps to getting there.

Good points mark

We need a here and now manager.......we can worry about 6th place in the Prem when we get there.

his teams know how to get points.....he organises well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I think out of those available Woy would be the outstanding candidate!

Plays football the right way, bags of experience and done a decent job where ever hes gone.

With Liverpool and England? He is also only 2 years younger than Graham Taylor who I would prefer to see come back for a third go at the job rather than to give it to Old Woy. :D

I think Bruce is the likely choice. He would be happy to come and if he gets us up by hook or by crook we could look at the long term situation after that. Big Sam is "between jobs" at best and would not be likely to rush back from Spain to take ours. I cannot see Dyche moving from a club that is in a similar position in the league above us to take a job with us. Wagner and Hughton would be moving from teams who currently look more likely than us to make top 6 this season as would be the case to a lesser extent with Dean Smith. Rowett may be worried about the reaction he would get in moving directly from the dark side of the city to us. 

So our choice might be Clarke, McCarthy, McClaren, Pearson, Giggs or Neville. Bruce begins to look a front runner?   

1 minute ago, John said:

With Liverpool and England? He is also only 2 years younger than Graham Taylor who I would prefer to see come back for a third go at the job rather than to give it to Old Woy. :D

I think Bruce is the likely choice. He would be happy to come and if he gets us up by hook or by crook we could look at the long term situation after that. Big Sam is "between jobs" at best and would not be likely to rush back from Spain to take ours. I cannot see Dyche moving from a club that is in a similar position in the league above us to take a job with us. Wagner and Hughton would be moving from teams who currently look more likely than us to make top 6 this season as would be the case to a lesser extent with Dean Smith. Rowett may be worried about the reaction he would get in moving directly from the dark side of the city to us. 

So our choice might be Clarke, McCarthy, McClaren, Pearson, Giggs or Neville. Bruce begins to look a front runner?   

How did Bruce do at LIverpool or England.....oh right yeah ...never even got close.  There is a reason for that you know!

5 minutes ago, DevonVilla said:

As long as the new gaffer has a name that rhyme's with a model of car that fits into a song regarding his aquisition i'll be happy.

Warren Joyce, man utd's U23 manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

How did Bruce do at LIverpool or England.....oh right yeah ...never even got close.  There is a reason for that you know!

I'm sure if Liverpool were in the Championship they wouldn't be saying no to Bruce

Just now, villa89 said:

I'm pretty much resigned to it being Steve Bruce. Sigh.

I wouldn't be. 

Pearson was nailed on - but Xia plucked RDM from nowhere.  I really don't know if Xia would go for someone as 'dour' as Bruce (I think hes the best for us - but Dr Tony might want someone a bit more flash) 

Just now, Nigel said:

Bruce might still get the England job if Southgate does not. :) 

I'll be very happy with Bruce. As I said before, he'll get you a slow, steady, boring promotion. I'm happy with that. Hoddle has been out too long, Allardyce probably won't manage again, McLaren is shite and old Woy plays some of the worst football you could ever have the unpleasantness to witness. If it's not Bruce then I want either Rowett, or Lily Savage.

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Paul Lambert?

Honestly not that opposed to the idea, if he can get his head straight. A big if, but I fear he's permanently scarred. Scars that are more likely to reopen at the club where he got them in the first place.