Next Villa Manager

Richard

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Hiddink, Bielsa and a few of the other managers I put forward in my last post in this thread are capable of that if we can attract them.

"if" being the operative word

• Like 1

The FA want the Allardyce situation dead and buried which is why they acted so quickly. I doubt they will want to bring it all back out to be put under the media spotlight again.

Dyche with backing in January from our owners would be my choice

Edited by mykeyb
Auto correct

47 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If there's more we don't know about then fair enough, but if its just what we've seen then I don't really see how he could even be fined, let alone banned. He was sacked because the FA have to be seen to be whiter than white and they couldn't afford the rep damage. He didn't actually do anything wrong in terms of the laws of the game or the land did he? 

I thought he left with a £1m pay off from the FA .... I can't see how they can then throw the book at him ?

not sure Dr T would take him though 

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The managerial graveyard awaits its next victim. Gotta stack those careers higher.

What is it 20 years Wenger.

what can happen when you get it right.....and he was in Japan IIRC.....talk about spreading your wings.

Just want someone who has a style, I don't even need to like the style. This will mean they will be able to set up and organise a team. The quality of football in the championship is poor, but it's full of organised teams with players knowing a system. I can't believe there isn't a manager in the lower leagues who can play a player in their own position. 

Saunders was sacked by a top flight club, then took over Villa.

We need a character not a name.

I think we should ask Hiddinck, but everyone is fobbing it off, because he is obviously too good for us. If we ask him, there is a very strong chance he will say no, and then we move on, continue searching. No harm done.

But what if we do actually ask him, and he says yes?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

I think we should ask Hiddinck, but everyone is fobbing it off, because he is obviously too good for us. If we ask him, there is a very strong chance he will say no, and then we move on, continue searching. No harm done.

But what if we do actually ask him, and he says yes?

Then we wake up to reality 

• Like 1

I'd recommend Bob Bradley. He'd take it too for sure.
Winner mentality, dedicated pure professional, brings passion to the team. First of all an organizer and a pragmatic, allows creative players to do their thing, but defence and central midfield will have their shit together.

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

Needs to be in place before the next game 

I would find it utterly bizarre if he isn't especially with international break. Won't be ideal for new manager though with players away on internationals 

Right now anybody could be considered if the price is right,managers get paid regardless of their performance,and thats the most worrying thing for the Villa.Ill say this for Sherwood he wore his heart on his sleeve.RDM has no reason to put any of his heart and soul into this job.

1 minute ago, 1974Centenary said:

Right now anybody could be considered if the price is right,managers get paid regardless of their performance,and thats the most worrying thing for the Villa.Ill say this for Sherwood he wore his heart on his sleeve.RDM has no reason to put any of his heart and soul into this job.

I've said this a few times. I have no idea when the rewards for failure became so large that pride and reputation no longer matters. 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

We need a manager with a bit of personality or one with something to prove. Big Sam, Dyche, Wagner and Smith I think they're all gettable to a degree. 

article-2626902-1D86534F00000578-628_634x578.jpg

• Like 2

McLeish - Lambert - Sherwood - Garde - (Black) - RDM - ?Insert name here?

The above, albeit under two ownerships, shows a pattern of repeated failure. A trend. If we were to make a change, to a proven winner (a possible long termer) some, not all but some might be put off slightly by the speed at which the axe came down on RDM (if it ever does). Chopping one manager circa ten to fifteen games into a season, what if the newly appointed did worse or similar? They wouldn't be put off by the fat severance pay cheque but the best of the managers we could attract wouldn't want that on their CV. Some in football say 'you're only as good as how you performed in your last job', though clearly not entirely the case for all. Come here, be another RDM... or win everyone over, try our best to win matches and try to get up.

I posted a list yesterday but looking back at it a few minutes ago, how many of them would want to come here. In an ideal world our next manager has to be not just someone like a promotion consultant SOS type like Warnock, but more so someone who builds. Like a poor man's Klopp or Wenger.

I am not saying we should write off the season. It is salvageable. But if we were to change we would need just a little bit of patience for them to adjust, while we were baying for results and then shortly after hopefully it would click into place. Ideally they would bring a honeymoon period of results too. RDM didn't even give us that.

In a way, as a loyal Villa fan, it feels wrong to even be discussing this while we have a manager in charge, but let's face it he has lost half the supporters, we are going backwards, the media are picking up on it too and surely it's crossing Tony's mind. What must the thoughts be in the dressing room, they came here, bought into it, you know the vision etc... And here they are left clueless without adequate tactical guidance or tactical stability, being made to look dogcrap on the pitch. RDM is no master tactician and I genuinely believe that our squad is not entirely dogcrap. There's no confidence or not enough anyway, nor knowledge of each other. Imagine the noise at the final whistle if we lost to Wolves. The gelling period is over now. So what's the problem... the management.

For RDM to 'guarantee' top six, despite this atrocious state we are in, that's some brave talk but unless a miracle happens it is not likely at all. There's more chance of me pulling Jenna Coleman next week on the Titanic than there is of us finishing in the top 6 this season unless a management change happens. More brave talk is 'Champions League in five years' from Tony, but as a billionaire businessman who most likely got rich aided by decision making skills related to dealing with project plan deviances, risk management and being ruthless toward an objective, then I think it is only a matter of time before he pulls the trigger. He might lose face slightly especially as he is attempting to steer interest towards us from Asia and from afar and it is going wrong, but.... decisiveness and taking one step back to take two forward is the resolution.

If that happened, I wouldn't hate RDM. He aided with the rebuild, laid a foundation. Ok, so the foundation has a lot of holes but he tried (poorly). He took on a DIY job that was too much for him. We need Hughton Construction or Rowett Construction to come in and sort it. And it would be nice to piss all over Blues too and given the connections of these two builders, it adds a little extra spice. I do like spice.

2 hours ago, GodsBarkeep said:

With numerous promotions between them, it's clear that we need to form  a steve bruce, chris hughton, RDM, paul lambert 'supergroup',

- much like the travelling wilberrys, or mcbusted

The Travelling Strawberries?  

• Like 1

How and why the hell is that prick Sherwoods name cropping up?

Anyone suggesting that must be mentally deficient in some way.

It's utter lunacy, and if Sherwood was  just 10% of the manager that he is touted to be, why the **** isn't he managing a Premier League team already?

Maybe tha Man U job wasn't big enough for him!!!

Sherwood???? FFS !!!!

• Like 2