limpid

Match Poll  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, LondonVillian said:

too much negativity here - away point is not that bad with the injuries we have got shame ayew had poor day

But people aren't being negative based just on this one match, the negativity is based on the last 9 games.

If we had comfortably won our last 4 games, then this game was exactly the same, people wouldn't be that negative about it. It would be a blip.  

But what we are seeing is probably our season turning into an absolute disaster.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

Gollini 8: Looked assured and solid
Chester 6: Pretty average, doesn't win enough 50/50s
Elphick 6: Did ok, but looked more dodgy than usual
Bacuna 6: Solid enough but doesn't do enough with the ball
Baker 6: Looked decent until the inevitable injury
Amavi 6: Got forward well in the first, vanished in the second
Jedinak 6: Won a fair amount of headers and challenges which i guess is in part why we signed him, did very little else
Westwood 5: Head injury aside I wouldn't have known he was playing
Ayew 6: Despite a good amount of the ball, he always waits too long to shoot with and rarely passes
Grealish 6: Flashes of brilliance punctuated by frequent loss of possession and getting flicked off the ball like an angry child
Kodjia 7: Looked a threat but faded in the second, good defensive cover though

Subs:
Richards 6: Hey played and we didn't fold like wet cardboard shocker!
Cissokho 6: Good header off the line
Adomah 5: Didn't see much of him on the ball

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Gonna say it again, what is different from last season? Don't buy all this bollocks from the new owner about making Villa great again (lol Trump). Was never sure RDM was the right appointment, but it's begining to seem like another shit manager that doesn't have a clue tactically. 

The difference is that we are drawing but not losing. Only 1 goal scored away from home but 2 clean sheets in 4 games. On the flip side we have scored 7 goals in 4 home games but have won only one game. It is a mixed bag- just one win will make it look a lot better. 

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The difference is that we are drawing but not losing. Only 1 goal scored away from home but 2 clean sheets in 4 games. On the flip side we have scored 7 goals in 4 home games but have won only one game. It is a mixed bag- just one win will make it look a lot better. 

Let me know when that win is coming? It won't be against Newvastle that's for sure. Then it will be 1 win in 10 games, not good enough.

What worries is me is we seem to be going backwards. With virtually zero awareness of game management and just plodding along doing the same damn thing no matter the story of the match it looks like our opponents already have us figured out.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Let me know when that win is coming? It won't be against Newvastle that's for sure. Then it will be 1 win in 10 games, not good enough.

The Newcastle who lost at home to wolves. The same wolves that lost 4-0 at home to Barnsley. Don't think you can be sure we won't win, we probably won't, but you can't be sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Missing the point that the Villa are playing in a lower division and against inferior teams compared to last season so should be fairing better.

Until there is more quality in the Villa midfield then I fear the struggle will continue.

Edited by striker

Just don't get the hate towards Westwood, I watched him very carefully today and his passing was excellent, work rate higher than any other midfielder and was way more effective than Jedinak.  I'm not against him being dropped, I think something in midfield needs to change, but the witless comments about Westwood are just lost on me.

• Like 2

Just got back. Awful performance, terrible facilities at Portman Road, no food in the away end because "they weren't expecting so many of us", and the stewarding was beyond pathetic.

If you want to charge us Premier League prices then give us Premier League facilities or **** off.

Oh and RDM must surely be on his last legs. I think Dr Tony needs to start up the Ford Mondeo and look at how to get back to Rome. Disgraceful. Again.

People saying that the win will come and that we are work in progress. 

We're coming up to a quarter of the way through the season and we have one win.  Can I ask, where do people draw the line and say enough is enough?

I agree that it would be ridiculous to sack RDM now, but I am very concerned about how we've started the season. He's been backed far more than any other manager in recent times and the side is massively underperforming. 

I had my sons first birthday party today, the team I usually play for on a Saturday (obviously couldn't play today) won 3-2 in a cup game against a team from the league above to go alongside our really solid start to the season so **** villa and the shambolic shit they produce week in week out, because life is **** good!!

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We just had 0 shots on target and held on by the skin of our teeth to Ipswich **** Town. Just how **** low are your standards?

We got relegated last year with 1 of the lowest point totals ever in Premier League history ,we have had to totally rebuild squad and they have had 3 games together since window has closed ,a point away to a team with one of the strongest home records in the league is a good result ,we are only 6 pts from playoffs and we will only improve .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Just got back. Awful performance, terrible facilities at Portman Road, no food in the away end because "they weren't expecting so many of us", and the stewarding was beyond pathetic.

If you want to charge us Premier League prices then give us Premier League facilities or **** off.

Didn't it sell out weeks ago? Laughable excuse!

12 hours ago, steell said:

Just don't get the hate towards Westwood, I watched him very carefully today and his passing was excellent, work rate higher than any other midfielder and was way more effective than Jedinak.  I'm not against him being dropped, I think something in midfield needs to change, but the witless comments about Westwood are just lost on me.

Well here's another one. He's shit.

Â