Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Waiting for the inevitable "ffs" "oh **** off just **** off" comments. Not listening to any commentary but relying on the vt faithful :wub:

oh fecking feck for feck's sake just feck off!!!!11!!!1111!!one1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is the championship. It's not as though we went down with players who couldn't be decent at this level. It's not good enough so far and needs to improve drastically.

Well we all wanted rid of most of them, so i would argue that we did go down with players that weren't good enough.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah 4 weeks with an international break in the middle and 9 new players and they haven't all developed a telepathic understanding between each other and smash teams off the park. disgrace.

True, you can win the league playing rubbish, causing anxiety but winning 1-0 every game!

[lol, tagged wrong quote!]

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Maybe not but we can't fit them all in the team and play Westwood or Gardner in a midfield 2. Won't be successful that way.

Absolutely. But I like the depth up front, too, so I guess I'm saying I'm a greedy bastard who'd prefer to have my cake and eat it too :)

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

True, you can win the league playing rubbish, causing anxiety but winning 1-0 every game!

Who said anything about playing rubbish all season? My point is you can't add 9 strangers to a depressed and gutted squad, stick them in a sack with some new coaches and manager, shake them about for 10 mins and magically tip out a Championship smashing team.

Couple of months down the line if we still look a long way off being a team then the criticism might be warranted, not now.

• Like 2