Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

...a month or so after spending £50mill+ on 9 new players

Not long after going down as one one the worst sides ever to grace the PL. Lets have some perspective eh?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Not long after going down as one one the worst sides ever to grace the PL. Lets have some perspective eh?

This is the championship. It's not as though we went down with players who couldn't be decent at this level. It's not good enough so far and needs to improve drastically.

• Like 1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

From the comments here today and the match on Sunday. Squad is unbalanced. Should have signed another midfielder and not signed one of the offensive players.

Agree with needing another midfielder but I'm not sure it was an either/or situation. 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

its the commentator.  he's trying to make us jump out of a window.

and the past recent history of Villa.

Got SSN on in the background and I'm sure cottee was trying to make a point that no one smashes everyone every week in this league, you've got to be able to grind

1-0 when playing poorly is still better than playing teams off the park and drawing...

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

...a month or so after spending £50mill+ on 9 new players

Yeah 4 weeks with an international break in the middle and 9 new players and they haven't all developed a telepathic understanding between each other and smash teams off the park. disgrace.

Just now, Michelsen said:

Agree with needing another midfielder but I'm not sure it was an either/or situation. 

Maybe not but we can't fit them all in the team and play Westwood or Gardner in a midfield 2. Won't be successful that way.