Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

Apparently there are issues with his coaching qualifications and as it stands now he won't be able to get the licence he needs in time to be able to manage at the highest level in Sweden next season.

Pretty sure he will get an exemption. IMO it would be a joke if he didn't.

After BP advanced from the Superettan, Olof Mellberg left a drastic message.

If he does not receive the dispensation from the League, he will not conduct his team next year.

"If they say no to that, then it might well be a break," says the coach.

The Brommapojkar had to defeat Dalkurd at the Grimsta summit to ensure the advancement to all Sweden in 2018. In 80 minutes it was speechless, then the Italian nodded Luca Gerbino Polo into a decisive 1-0.

Olof Mellberg took over as a coach in November 2015. Then BP had weak economy and was in Division 1. His entry has been a veritable success and the victory against Dalkurd represents the second advance in two years.

"Incredibly special places"

Afterwards he is collected. He says that he is really brilliant happy but first wants to focus on the interviews and then allow the feelings to bubble out.

"It came crawling in a final two to three minutes. Then it was noticed that now it can be done. Then it became emotional, he says.

What did you do if there were no interviews?

- I do not know. There are such occasions that are ... it's big. I was in Villareal when we came back to La Liga. Such occasions are incredibly special.

Olof Mellberg has been accused of being on his way to IFK Göteborg. Therefore, the question is given: what happens now?

But the former national team rugby does not really matter what club to lead. He wondered if he should practice any team at any time next season.

"It's getting weird"

- I do not know. We will sit down. We have not wanted to discuss it so much, just focus on this. We'll sit down and see what's up, "he says.

Mellberg will begin a so-called CBA Elit training to become a licensed Swedish elite coach. In order to lead a Dutch team, he must also begin the next step, which is called Pro. Step one will be ready in May, so to have the license in place until the all-Swedish premiere is unthinkable.

- I have applied for a dispensation to continue training at this level. If they say no to that, then it might well be a break, says Mellberg.

This year, BP has had two coaches, Olof Mellberg and Azrudin Valentic. Letting the other stand as a trainer is not relevant.

- It will be weird. We have the role distribution we have, with all the positive things that have meant. It does not feel like it's up to date. It becomes strange when you know what role distribution we have had. Everybody calls me head coach. We bump it over to the union and hopefully they can grant it, "says Mellberg, emphasizing that he appreciates the union's training programs.

- They are good. I want to do this from all aspects and fully respect the decision taken.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/9g8kM/mellberg-satter-press-pa-forbundet

Edit: Google translate as always offering their own unique take on the story.

Edited by sne

Back to back promotions and an impressive cup run this year I understand. 

Someone outside of Sweden will pick him up soon. 

He succeeds there and a top European league will be his next destination. 

Usually that kind of pedigree would be picked up by Swansea, Southampton or the like whilst teams like us look on and say "who the hell is that nobody, what a gamble" before appointing McLeish or Lambert who proves a disaster whilst the unknown guy who has had success in a smaller league turns the unfashionable team into world beaters. 

Let's not let Mellberg slip through the net. He does well in the next level up, get him in. Timing could be perfect. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

well top flight really isnt there level, have only had 5 seasons in Allsvenskan with 3 relegations. Hammarby, IFK, and Elfsborg even Norrkoping all much bigger clubs and have had poor seasons that he could improve on with bigger budgets

Yes but they've never been managed by Olof Mellberg before :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

he doesn't look any older! 

I think he does, lots of grey around his beard, lines around his eyes. 

I have often thought it must be horrible to be a film star and have your deterioration documented on film. 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Legend. My love for Olof is still there. Delighted to see him doing so well. 

For me I wouldnt want him to manage us in case it went badly, I dont want us to get a negative perception towards him

If he came, tried his absolute best, and failed - I don't see anyone having a negative perception towards him (normal people anyway).

Graham Taylor is still very fondly thought of, despite us not doing great in his 2nd tenure. 

Any fan worth his salt would know Olof wouldn't come here and take the piss.  He's Mr. 100%. 

• Like 2

Could do worse than bringing him in.. as said above.. he will have a full 100% fan base support and we will afford him time to settle. He also loves the club and will bring passion. Whether he has anything else going for him as a manager (tactical etc).. only time will tell.

Issue will be the timing on when we can bring him in. Not too early.. I dont want our fan base to be singing Sacked in the morning to him......

So Dalkurd also promoted to Allsvenskan along with BP.

I'm a bit torn about them. On the one hand they have done an amazing journey in a very short time, and it's nice for the Kurds to have almost a national side or at least a club.

But on the other hand they are playing on a "plastic pitch" and we already have too many of those in the top flight.

And the big issue for me is that they are thinking about moving their whole club 100 miles from Borlänge to Uppsala.

We already have one of those clubs in the Allsvenskan with AFC but thankfully they will be relegated.

Edited by sne

18 hours ago, Hornso said:

No pics of King Olof with the trophy?

Not 100% certain but I don't actually think there is any trophy in the Superettan division where BP won. At best they probably get a plack to hang on the wall and a medal.

As for price money, there is virtually non.  

• Sad 1

Â