Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Bromma progress in the cup...

Arameiska-Syrianska IF 0 - 2 Brommapojkarna

Saw that.  A local Stockholm derby.

9 hours ago, sne said:

Mellberg and BP losing another of their best players.

Viktor Gyökeres going to Brighton for roughly £1 m.

Good luck to the lad. What a jump that is. I wish the lad well but as said before on this thread , if there's any prospect of Prem quality talent to this lad, why weren't we in for him. Damn our scouting. Sne, buddy, have you even sent your CV to Tony yet? We need you man. 

Edit also that Antonsson lad got the winner for Bristol Shitty the other day I think it was his first goal. I hope he has a bad game tomorrow

Edited by Midfielder

50 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Holy shit. They did!!!!

Jesus f---

i think this is nothing short of magnificent. There's almost a Bournemouth thing going on there, to an extent, Potter their Eddie Howe. Rising the divisions and well Howe hasn't got Bournemouth into Europe yet but god damn lads I think a round of applause is in order to might OFK. Again. 

If anyone beats me to it, cool but I'll be looking for YouTube highlights. I want to see the pandemonium when the second goal goes in! 

Those football fans in Sweden , regardless of who they support, surely tonight must be proud of their OFK and their dragon slaying antics. That, to PAOK is a proper kick in the balls make no mistake. I'm not saying OFK are Wimbledon / Crazy Gang of the 80/90s as clearly OFK can play but what isn't there to respect from a team born of humble origins who in stature and performance, continue to excel, against the odds. 

The bulk of us on VT are U.K. / Ireland based fans but those who read this thread, all have a little Swede-love for the progress this underdog has made and continues to make. British football, definitely English football, we love the underdog. This kind of story flicks our switches and long may it continue. Mr Potter, the new Roy Hodgson (before he was shit). Swedes' will understand what I meant. Or maybe a Svennis in the making. But yeah UK VT'ers feeling and sending the love over to our Northern brothers tonight. 

OFK:wub: I love this thread !

%C3%96stersunds_FK.png

dead_frost_dragon_by_euther-d6y4fto.jpg

"DRAGON SOUL ABSORBED":trollface:

Bye bye PAOK, I get the feeling they WONT be buying any Absolut on their way through duty free tonight! Have a nice trip home. Two words:

ARSES

SPANKED

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

Also one mention here for Norways Rosenborg who have impressively knocked AJax out, what are the odds OFK get Rosenborg in their group... I'd bet on that. 

Here are the goals. First goal, off side my arse :D. Second goal , take aim, pull trigger, kaboom! 

Recognition now on BBC site... 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40997915

'Graham Potter will be the only British manager in this season's Europa League group stages after leading Ostersunds to a comeback win over PAOK Salonika in the play-off.

The Swedish side - who have risen from the fourth tier since Potter's 2011 appointment - lost the first leg 3-1 in Greece.'

DRAW FOR EUROPA LEAGUE LATER TODAY. What do OFK fans think.... when they see Milan pulled out of the hat?

0qz517.jpg

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Also one mention here for Norways Rosenborg who have impressively knocked AJax out, what are the odds OFK get Rosenborg in their group... I'd bet on that. 

Here are the goals. First goal, off side my arse :D. Second goal , take aim, pull trigger, kaboom! 

Recognition now on BBC site... 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40997915

'Graham Potter will be the only British manager in this season's Europa League group stages after leading Ostersunds to a comeback win over PAOK Salonika in the play-off.

The Swedish side - who have risen from the fourth tier since Potter's 2011 appointment - lost the first leg 3-1 in Greece.'

DRAW FOR EUROPA LEAGUE LATER TODAY. What do OFK fans think.... when they see Milan pulled out of the hat?

0qz517.jpg

Jose Angel Crespo looked like a defeated man trying to argue with the linesman. Got the captain's armband too by the looks of it!

Draw done. Could have been kinder , could have been worse. Tough though...

Ostersunds are in group J with 

Athletic Club - ok we're stepping it up a couple of gears there 

Hertha Berlin - surely a notch above PAOK

ZORYA - who? Someone from Ukraine

( linky - https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2495741.html )

The UEFA Europa League group stage draw has been made in Monaco, with the likes of Arsenal and AC Milan discovering who they will be facing over the next few months

Full group stage draw

Group A: Villarreal (ESP), Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR), Astana (KAZ), Slavia Praha (CZE)

Group B: Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), Young Boys (SUI), Partizan (SRB), Skënderbeu (ALB)

Group C: Braga (POR), Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL), Hoffenheim (GER), İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)

Group D: AC Milan (ITA), Austria Wien (AUT), Rijeka (CRO), AEK Athens (GRE)

Group E: Lyon (FRA), Everton (ENG), Atalanta (ITA), Apollon Limassol (CYP)

Group F: København (DEN), Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS), Sheriff (MDA), Zlín (CZE)

Group G: Viktoria Plzeň (CZE), FCSB (ROU), Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR), Lugano (SUI)

Group H: Arsenal (ENG), BATE Borisov (BLR), Köln (GER), Crvena zvezda (SRB)

Group I: Salzburg (AUT), Marseille (FRA), Vitória SC (POR), Konyaspor (TUR)

Group J: Athletic Club (ESP), Hertha Berlin (GER), Zorya (UKR), Östersund (SWE)

Group K: Lazio (ITA), Nice (FRA), Zulte Waregem (BEL), Vitesse (NED)

Group L: Zenit (RUS), Real Sociedad (ESP), Rosenborg (NOR), Vardar (MKD)

In half an hour : Tvillingderbyt (twin Derby)...

AIK v DIF :ph34r:

And there's also Bromma v Falkenbergs at 4pm. 

Sweden civilised enough to host a tense Stockholm Derby at 2pm in one part of the city and not have to worry about Bromma kicking off at 4 across the way

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

In half an hour : Tvillingderbyt (twin Derby)...

AIK v DIF :ph34r:

And there's also Bromma v Falkenbergs at 4pm. 

Sweden civilised enough to host a tense Stockholm Derby at 2pm in one part of the city and not have to worry about Bromma kicking off at 4 across the way

Well the derby was delayed because fans clashed at the stadium at half time.

And Brommapojkarn only has about 2 fans if you don't count the parents to the players at the club ;)

Edit: If you disregard the moron portion of the fans thou the atmosphere and tifo was brilliant as always. Although both clubs have been better in previous meetings.

33.000 is a solid attendance figure.

Foto: KENTA JÖNSSON / BILDBYRÅN STRFoto: ANDREAS L ERIKSSON / BILDBYRÅN

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Watching the Malmö FF - IFK Göteborg game and so far it's surprisingly even with IFK leading 0 - 1 after an early goal by Hysén.

IFK playing a transition game and finding loads of space on the flanks.

No doubt Malmö will turn it around and win with Markus Rosenberg capping it off by elbowing someone in the face and getting away with it, again.

Â