Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

1 hour ago, sne said:

Watching the Malmö FF - IFK Göteborg game and so far it's surprisingly even with IFK leading 0 - 1 after an early goal by Hysén.

IFK playing a transition game and finding loads of space on the flanks.

No doubt Malmö will turn it around and win with Markus Rosenberg capping it off by elbowing someone in the face and getting away with it, again.

good prediction ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2-2 now. He not that much of a genius now ;) 

Yeah certainly didn't see that one coming after the ref gifted them a penalty and added 4 minutes of Fergie-time after a correct red card. to an IFK defender.

IFK got 3 yellow cards in stoppage time :D

17 y.o Dahlberg was a giant in the IFK goal.

10 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Yes and also, Mackan never elbowed anybody that didn't derserve it.

Strandberg took that role today, punching David Bo Wiklander in the face in front of the ref.

And only got a yellow :crylaugh:

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

At least 170 people arrested outside the stadium after fans clashing with the police after the Stockholm derby.

Business as usual...

good job Badji f-----d up then really would have been a lot more arrests  

kind of weird to think hooliganism so , how can I say this .... overground ... in Sweden

sure it happens in all league any country, but we saw a decline or maybe a transference for it to go underground in the U.K. I guess in that the hoolies want to do what they do and NOT get arrested or stadium bans etc so go underground I guess and use social media / the internet  

not condoning hooliganism, just a bit weird / uncomfortable to see those scenes. Albeit a fierce / hateful derby but that was way past Villa v Blues more like Celtic v Rangers 

all that aside and let's face it it's only the minority I'm talking about, it's nice to see the passion and belonging. As you say 30-33k for that fixture. People can say or think what they like about "other" euro leagues, but that is a massive massive game and gate too. Yes of course add the gates when say IFK or malmo play at home and big gates too

what Allsvenskan needs, is for me, to win the lottery, buy a small team, get Graham Potter in, or the next Potter, and be like a peasant version of Abramovic. I'll be low key. But attend all home games and also be an advocate for the Swedish infrastructure itself  , exploit grass roots too  

forget the Malmos or IFKs etc  I wonder how much , all assets lock stock and barrel, it would cost to buy an Allsvenskan team, a smaller one... hmmmmmnnnnn

Trelleborg play tonight at home to GAIS who have their own relegation worries.  So a win would put pressure on Bromma.  They are home to Helsingborg tomorrow where another loss would bring Helsingborg into contention for 3rd, so they'll be plenty motivated.  Come on Bromma.  Snap out of it !

Awful performance by IfK Göteborg tonight at home against Djurgården, but this season is a wright off anyway so doesn't really matter.

The tifo from the home fans was brilliant though.

0030ae05-42c3-47f6-a581-dd1c8fe93e87?fit=crop&h=733&w=1100&s=52ccce90d747ce791fe42dd1a8afdcaab3d3d0e4

To explain: It is Torbjörn Nilsson (God) welcoming ex IFK players, Oscar Wendt, Marcus Berg, Pontus Wernblom, Jacob Johansson and Gustav Svensson now playing abroad back to join already returned former teammates Sebastian Eriksson and Tobias Hysén.

While ex players Andreas Andersson and Jesper Blomqvist (who choose money at rival clubs in Stockholm when their returned from abroad) are joining Satan in hell.

• Like 4

DIF are my Swedish team and their form this season is kind of shocking. Almost overachieving (especially with a manager that used to be a full time hairdresser at the helm :trollface:) . 

That tifo display is pretty funny has to be said. I take it that's Blomqvist at the front and Andersson behind? 

You see the thought, preparation, crowd-funding behind it, and the direct jab that it is and have to admire it. At Villa Park we get the crest / big shirt passed through a shame this doesnt catch on here. so hats off to Swedish League and their fans for that passion. 

• Like 2

Â