Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

16 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Maybe Mellberg has been tapped up by another club and is on the verge of leaving?  The players have heard this and the harmony has been disrupted.

You know what I am thinking!

That he is going to IFK :(:P:(

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ostersund look like doing it again

I think we should go for Potter, lad has done wonders

I dropped a mention in the Next Manager thread a few days ago. Someone clearly who is loyal, a project manager with the vision and drive to achieve continuous improvement and beyond expectations at that... and above all a superb manager. Regardless of it "just being in the Swedish leagues" that doesn't matter, the standalone achievements of him and his team whether it is Ostersunds or The Queens Head Sunday League team show he has plenty in his locker. Someone will snap him up. One of those coaches maybe who if given his chance say at a Chanpionship or League One club, would come in, work with the squad, not demand so much money to spend and get the best out of the squad, install ambition, work ethic, togetherness. I know a team that needs those qualities....

No doubt most have never heard of Mr Potter or even Ostersunds which is fair enough... but the VT Swedish League fans know. 

Hats off, to the inducted. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

squeaky bum time for Ollie now

At home against bottom of the league Åtvidaberg next game.

Really must get 3 points there to stop the rot. Both teams in terrible form but might be tricky as Åtvidaberg is desperate for a win to stay in the league.

I used to play a lot against Åtvidaberg when I was a kid growing up in near by Linköping. They used to have a great youth academy for such a small place.

Back in the 70's they were a force in Swedish football thanks to money from the local factory "Facit"

Now they are one of those dwindling industrial communities like Degerfors (where Olof used to play) where no one want's to live and where the money is gone.

I really hope they are not relegated, but I rather BP went up so hopefully Olof can rally his troops.

According to one of the Swedish tabloids has Mellberg turned down the opportunity to manage IFK Göteborg next season.

Can't say I blame him since IFK is a total mess, with little or no money.. Big club, but a mess.

a bit like Villa.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Malmö FF will probably win the league with a totally incompetent manager. That is the trouble to get another job than Malmö in Sweden. Should look to Norway or Denmark maybe.

helps when you have bigger budget than most other clubs. Neil Lennon even won a few SPL titles and he is dreadful

By the way, Olof Mellbergs club IF Brommapojkarna (BP for short) are considering changing their name to just BP.

Why you ask?

Well you see Brommapojkarna (the name they've had since the club was founded in 1942) means "Bromma Boys" and since they are now also the biggest club in Europe for girls , some of them (their parents) are feeling excluded and alienated by the current name :rolleyes:

So that is whats happening in Sweden. Focusing on the important stuff.

Sure this will catch on and we'll see the likes of BSC Young Boys change their name to "BSC People of any age and Gender" any day now.

• Haha 3

Â