Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

Hi BP board. I have a suggestion. Why don't we keep Brommapojkarna as our name. This will save on a rebranding exercise and the related expense, effort and diluting of our identity. 

For the women's team why don't we simply branch off the women's team as BrommaFlickor. This way there is appropriate gender recognition on a par with the men's team. This will be less expensive and deliver the objective appropriately. We will then have unity and equality. 

173h5h.jpg

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

ÖIS beat Trelleborg. Double victory :D

Consider payment for him not going IFK ;)

Phew.  If BetVictor had a Superettan market, I was going to back Trelleborg.  Thanks Victor :D 

Massive Nazi demonstration (and anti fascist counter demonstration) in central Gothenburg today taking place right now very close to where Brommapojkarna are playing GAIS in less than 3 hours.

So far it hasn't escalated as bad as was feared but it could get really ugly.

The police will have a busy day and it is a bit strange to have a game today.

Malmö FF's summer signing Kingsley Sarfo has been arrested on accusations of repeated child rape and attempted child rape on a 14 y.o girl.

He was also in the papers earlier this week for driving without a licence.

Not that many weeks ago there was talk about him representing Sweden's national side (instead of his native Ghana) but that didn't materialize. Guess we know why now.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Massive Nazi demonstration (and anti fascist counter demonstration) in central Gothenburg today taking place right now very close to where Brommapojkarna are playing GAIS in less than 3 hours.

So far it hasn't escalated as bad as was feared but it could get really ugly.

The police will have a busy day and it is a bit strange to have a game today.

Game finished 0-0 and not seen any reports of trouble yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Dalkurd just lost at home to Oesters...Bromma need to win in the week to close the gap to goal difference only. Actually they'll be top by a point , my mistake.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2017 at 02:57, rjw63 said:

Dalkurd just lost at home to Oesters...Bromma need to win in the week to close the gap to goal difference only. Actually they'll be top by a point , my mistake.

Win in the next couple of days and they'll be 8 points ahead of 3rd with 3 games to play. Automatic promotion there for the taking.

46 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Malmo won the league again. We are starting to get the dreaded money-glass-ceiling at the top.

It's not a very prolific league for strikers is it?  I see the top scorer after 27 games of the season has 14 league goals, then 12, then 10.  That's a bit shit.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's not a very prolific league for strikers is it?  I see the top scorer after 27 games of the season has 14 league goals, then 12, then 10.  That's a bit shit.

Part of the issue is that we play a spring-autumn season and anyone having a good start to the season is usually sold during the international summer transfer window to a team abroad.

Marcus Antonsson, now at Leeds, scored 10 goals in the first 12 games for Kalmar FF, but was sold in the summer with 18 games left to the season.

Happens every season over here.

Edit: He's now at Blackburn

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

8 points down to Trelleborg in 3rd with 9 to play for. BP also have 11 goals better gd.

Next round is at home to second placed Dalkurd so very tricky. Then it's away to Öster who might still have an outside chance of finishing in the play off spot. And the last game is at home to Gefle who are still very much fighting to avoid relegation.

3 tricky games but it would take an epic fail for BP not to get promoted. Worse case scenario they have now secured a play off spot.

Â