Have a little patience...

Spoony

We have to be in the top 2 at the end of the season, and i'm willing to give the whole season to get there.

Xia may not give RDM that long though, i suspect he will be expecting us to be at least 3 top 3 and chasing first by Christmas.

He has also said that more players will be incoming in January, so will give us that final push if required.

5 hours ago, hippo said:

We will have to disagree on that then.

If we are not in or around the play off positions this season - I don't think Tony will accept that - and heads will roll.

There's a big line between being in and around the playoff positions and promotion. If we're not in and around the playoff positions heads will rightly roll. 

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Part of me would love us to go to the playoff final and win it - can you imagine, what a day that would be. But I don't think I could take the heartbreak if we get that close and stumble; well I could but it would bloody hurt like hell.

Been toying with that idea too and goddam the hurt would be devastating ^^. Gotta feel for the Shef Wed fans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimcohen said:

The longer we stay in the league the harder it will be to come out. The money the PL clubs get makes the 3 that come down this season a bigger force, and clubs that dont go up to the PL this season will go again with bigger budgets.

Absolutely right. I wasn't really expecting us to get back up straight away, but I think your points here and Daweii's above make it even more vital that we do just that.

Edited by BigJim

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

International break will give time to RDM to 'gel' the team. I've put money on us winning the league, fingers crossed. We need to be finishing top 2. Play offs are too risky. 

he probably only has about 10 fit players available and 3 of them are goalkeepers, Elphick, Westwood, McCormack, Baker, Richards, De Laet and Gardner

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

'It takes time' is just an excuse used by teams who are taking time to get their act together. 

It always takes time for newly assembled teams to improve. This is because they need to get to know the runs each other make, the strengths and weaknesses, to improve their understanding, to build partnerships, grow friendships and team spirit and morale and get over the feeling of unfamiliarity.

That's not to say that it's acceptable to play or perform badly, or to offer an easy get out, but it is absolute fact that it takes a while to reach potential. 

• Like 2

Time is a luxury we don't have.

The squad will get a few games grace from me, but should we look at any point like non- contenders I'll be asking for change. 

It's the hardest stance I've ever taken as a fan, but promotion is the only progression we can make this season, anything else is a failure to me. 

No more 5 year or 2 year plans for me, thanks. 

On 1 September 2016 at 09:35, It's Your Round said:

What if it doesn't start in the next game though? What do we do then? 

You show patience, that's the whole point of the topic. You don't have to be strong all season to get promoted from this division, many teams have gone on a good run from xmas onwards and managed it. I am confident we'll come good at the right time.

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You show patience, that's the whole point of the topic. You don't have to be strong all season to get promoted from this division, many teams have gone on a good run from xmas onwards and managed it. I am confident we'll come good at the right time.

I realise that, and totally agree.  the question was for jimcohen after he said we need to start in the next game. I just wanted to question it, what if we don't? Do we all go into meltdown and predict relegation? Or do we look at the positives and back the team over the long season. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I realise that, and totally agree.  the question was for jimcohen after he said we need to start in the next game. I just wanted to question it, what if we don't? Do we all go into meltdown and predict relegation? Or do we look at the positives and back the team over the long season. 

I think there would be the usual knee jerk reaction and ott hyperbole for a day or two followed be a weeks worth of blaming anyone and everyone possible, particularly the owner, which is funny as he's the least responsible really (most removed from the playing aspect).

• Like 1