Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't need to see the goals. You failed to score more than the opposition. But money in the bank is still good. 

well you spent the money but have half as many points, so I don't see the problem. Especially when that single point is more than you picked up in your last away game

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

...after 5 games

I'm not reading much into the table at all, just stating as it is right now. Don't for one minute we will still have double your tally at the end of the season

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

well you spent the money but have half as many points, so I don't see the problem. Especially when that single point is more than you picked up in your last away game

We do need more points. That's why we went and signed a guy who scored 19 goals in this league last season. You enjoy your bank balance this year though. Nothing like cheering on a full wallet. I'll look forward to the debut of our big money striker. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We do need more points. That's why we went and signed a guy who scored 19 goals in this league last season. You enjoy your bank balance this year though. Nothing like cheering on a full wallet. I'll look forward to the debut of our big money striker. 

Thought Mcormack already made his debut, though you wouldn't have known if he was there or not when you played us. (I'm aware that wasn't his debut for you, just saying how badly that big money striker played).

In the league game where we didn't play Kodjia but could have, and todays game we have scored a total of 5. So hardly a problem getting the goals without him in the team is it?

2.5 goals per game without him, compared to 1 goal per game with him.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thought Mcormack already made his debut, though you wouldn't have known if he was there or not when you played us.

In the league game where we didn't play Kodjia but could have, and todays game we have scored a total of 5. So hardly a problem getting the goals without him in the team is it?

2.5 goals per game without him, compared to 1 goal per game with him.

No you're right 

You're doing well for a team trying to stay in the league. We have different objectives and aims hence you have our money and we have your best striker from last season. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

No you're right 

You're doing well for a team trying to stay in the league. We have different objectives and aims hence you have our money and we have your best striker from last season. 

You appear to have our clubs aims mixed.

The noises from our management and players suggest an aim for the playoffs, though the official line is mid table. However if we are in the mix for automatics (unlikely) in January, I can assure you we will spend money where necessary. We just wont do it recklessly on a player with 1 good season in their career (I really did wish Kodjia well, but remarks from you and some of the others are not giving a nice impression of Villa fans and making me start to rethink that).

Spending money is no guarantee of success, I thought you would have learned that by now after your time in the Premier League, last year Derby were the big spenders and look how their Premier League season has started... oh never mind. Sheffield Wednesday also spent a fair bit last season, I'm sure they are doing well in the Prem... oops, not again!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You appear to have our clubs aims mixed.

The noises from our management and players suggest an aim for the playoffs, though the official line is mid table. However if we are in the mix for automatics (unlikely) in January, I can assure you we will spend money where necessary. We just wont do it recklessly on a player with 1 good season in their career (I really did wish Kodjia well, but remarks from you and some of the others are not giving a nice impression of Villa fans and making me start to rethink that).

Spending money is no guarantee of success, I thought you would have learned that by now after your time in the Premier League, last year Derby were the big spenders and look how their Premier League season has started... oh never mind. Sheffield Wednesday also spent a fair bit last season, I'm sure they are doing well in the Prem... oops, not again!

Who said spending money guarantees anything? 

Our aim is promotion and so we're buying players to build a squad capable of it. No guarantees but we're backing our manager to match our aims and objectives. Once again, hence you have our money and we have a guy who scored 19 league goals last season. I know which I'd rather have. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Who said spending money guarantees anything? 

Our aim is promotion and so we're buying players to build a squad capable of it. No guarantees but we're backing our manager to match our aims and objectives. Once again, hence you have our money and we have a guy who scored 19 league goals last season. I know which I'd rather have. 

You keep banging on about the fact you have spent money and we haven't (although we spent circa £11m ourselves). How about a reminder that a player doing well in one season for one club is no guarantee he will at his next then?

I would just like echo @GENTLEMAN's comment.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You keep banging on about the fact you have spent money and we haven't (although we spent circa £11m ourselves). How about a reminder that a player doing well in one season for one club is no guarantee he will at his next then?

I would just like echo @GENTLEMAN's comment.

Once again who said anything about guarantees? But signing a player who did it last year gives us a better chance. 

And I bang on about money spent? How many times have you gone into detail to explain ho we've over spent? 

If you're thrilled with the money, great. I'm happy for you and your club in your fight for survival. I'm also very happy with the business that was done between the two clubs. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Once again who said anything about guarantees? But signing a player who did it last year gives us a better chance. 

And I bang on about money spent? How many times have you gone into detail to explain ho we've over spent? 

If you're thrilled with the money, great. I'm happy for you and your club in your fight for survival. I'm also very happy with the business that was done between the two clubs. 

1 time.

I have given my opinion that you overspent, then after remarks suggesting that was out of bitterness I gave 1 post in detail where refer to posts at the start of the summer on our forum where posters there were saying what price they would sell him for, which was for the most part a fair bit below what you paid.

Thrilled with the money? Not really, just glad that for a change we are finding a player and getting resale from them, rather than our past transfer method of buying people past best for more than their value and then seeing them leave for free after 3 years of bad performances.

"fight for survival" :rofl2br:I realise you're trying to get a rise out of me, but you're just making yourself look clueless. Needs another :rofl2br: because your post was so stupid.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

1 time.

I have given my opinion that you overspent, then after remarks suggesting that was out of bitterness I gave 1 post in detail where refer to posts at the start of the summer on our forum where posters there were saying what price they would sell him for, which was for the most part a fair bit below what you paid.

Thrilled with the money? Not really, just glad that for a change we are finding a player and getting resale from them, rather than our past transfer method of buying people past best for more than their value and then seeing them leave for free after 3 years of bad performances.

"fight for survival" :rofl2br:I realise you're trying to get a rise out of me, but you're just making yourself look clueless. Needs another :rofl2br: because your post was so stupid.

Sorry if it seems clueless. We didn't just sell our best forward to you so I haven't been on your forums to tell you how you overspent and to learn 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Sorry if it seems clueless. We didn't just sell our best forward to you so I haven't been on your forums to tell you how you overspent and to learn 

I came on here to give an honest summary of our game against you and also get the opinion of your fans at the game. I didn't do this for our games against Burton, Newcastle, Norwich or Wigan because another forum I was on (I am currently taking a break because the other City fans there are extremely negative, and even were during our double winning season) has multiple members from each of those clubs, while it has very few Villa fans (2-3 I think) and none were at the game. Rotherham I wasn't at so I can't give my views of the performance so I wont be on the Rotherham forum, but next Saturday I will be on the Derby forum win, lose or draw, to trade opinions.  

I stuck around as a day or so later you were linked with Kodjia and I gave my honest views of him (good player, will score, offside a lot, can create chances on his own, worth about 6-8 million)

I also gave my honest views when you were linked with Adomah (good player, will cause teams issues, extremely inconsistent at crossing, couldn't name a value as I haven't seen him regularly for a few years).

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

At no point have I said he's not very good. No need to be bitter because I said something you didn't like about your team (even though there was nothing actually derogatory about the club) in response towards a slander of my character.

Wut?

I'm not even remotely bothered by that. That was days ago. 

Comment on the post, not the poster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wut?

I'm not even remotely bothered by that. That was days ago. 

Comment on the post, not the poster. 

Today you posted "I get it he's not very good" when I have at no point said he is not very good.

Odd that you didn't say anything to the poster who called me bitter for being honest about Kodjia- double standards?

Honestly mate, I don't read and respond to every post, even if it appears that way at times!

I was noting the fact that your posts appear to be very negative towards him and his ability. That's how it appears to me at least. Apologies if you feel that is a slanderous statement.

I have no interest in making this personal, so if you could cut that out that would be cool. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to his debut. I'm hopeful he will be an important cog in the wheel. Thanks for the heads up, I'll get to judge him myself soon enough. 

• Like 1

Â