Match Thread: Derby v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're going to lose this by miles. Getting mullered. 

No chance. We are playing way better than last year and the standard of the game is on a par with the Premier League. I've been reliably informed.

Seriously though, we need to get some steel in the middle and a couple of attacking full backs wouldn't go amiss. We are so predictable and we have no width. Derby are there for the taking here if we can get it together. 

This is what happens when you give a team too much respect instead of going for the kill when you are on top. 

Derby have realised they were crap 1st half, yet they didn't concede, so they get confidence.

12 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I wouldn't mind if he left but the guy hasn't played a competitive game since January and has been out for long periods before that so I think you're being harsh. I'm not sure what else you expect from a mediocre player severely lacking match sharpness.

He shouldn't be our only other attacking option, it's that simple. It epitomises our weakness in that area and if we are planning on utilising him this season he should be brought into games gently. Today he's been thrown in at the deep end.

Think we should cut the guy some slack.

Mate regardless how fit you are Jesus he is losing every battle he is going for. It's like we have 10 players on the pitch

It's confidence, the longer games go on and it doesn't look like we're comfortably going to win, the more this team worries and frets and panics and the more that we tighten up and rush things and become less likely to look like we're comfortably going to win. 

It's a big mental problem that's compounded by our lack of options from the bench.