Match Thread: Derby v Villa

limpid

8 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Decent half. Gardner is still a weak link but he's not been awful and unlucky not to score. Chester, Bacuna, Grealish and especially Westwood are all having good games. 

Jedinak and a better striker to lead the line would help a lot here, and Amavi in a LB.

Thank God for that.

I saved reading the thread until half time and couldn't believe how glum much of it is !

IMO we've played good football, deserve to be in front, and have seen good performances, in particular, from Grealish and Westwood. Gardner's poor distribution an issue but his covering not bad for 4th choice Mf.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Kozak looks finished to me, has to leave. Surely doesn't have left on his contract. I guess RDM wanted to be fair and give him a chance but bloody hell he has been pathetically poor.

we better be ready no way derby will be this poor 2nd half

I wouldn't mind if he left but the guy hasn't played a competitive game since January and has been out for long periods before that so I think you're being harsh. I'm not sure what else you expect from a mediocre player severely lacking match sharpness.

He shouldn't be our only other attacking option, it's that simple. It epitomises our weakness in that area and if we are planning on utilising him this season he should be brought into games gently. Today he's been thrown in at the deep end.

Think we should cut the guy some slack.

• Like 1

Come on Gardner, show some confidence. If you cant be the best player on the pitch, at least be the best footballer in your family.