Dodgyknees

48 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Injuries & Suspensions may force us into this

Bunn

Hutton Richards Baker Cissokho

Bacuna Westwood Gardner

Grealish Gestede Kodjia

Oh F***

So this is assuming that Gollini, Elphick, Chester, De Laet, Jedinak, Tshibola, Ayew, Adomah, McCormack and Amavi are all injured/suspended at the same time. I know we've been pretty unlucky but that's pushing it a bit. 

Even if this was the case I doubt that would be the team we played. Additionally, in Kodjia, Gestede, Grealish, Cissokho and Bacuna you've got players that have started this season pretty well. In Baker, Westwood and Gardner you've got players who are more than capable of doing a job as squad players.

Basically you've put Hutton, Richards and Bunn in who are not good enough. In reality Hutton and Richards are unlikely to see much action this year. This highlights the main issue for me in that it only takes a Gollini injury to have us playing Bunn regularly. 

On 10/09/2016 at 12:47, Xela said:

First of all I'm not going to criticise anyone at the club for what has been achieved in this window, as our team now is much stronger. All involved have done a great job and Rome wasn't built in a day but there are a few areas of (mild) concern for me. But we've got the January window to address any shortcomings.

Here's my view on the squad

Goalkeeping - I think Gollini will be a good keeper but I would have liked an experienced keeper in there as well. Not necessary as first choice but someone who can be relied on if Gollini needs to be taken out of the firing line. I don't rate Bunn or Steer.

Defence - 95% happy with what we have. If I was being overly picky I would have liked another centre back in and Richards shipped out. Also would have liked to see us buy Rico Henry as I think he will be a top player.

Midfield - My biggest concern. Would have liked a proper replacement for Gana in there and as we apparently tried to recruit Diawara, RDM had a similar concern. Surprised we weren't linked more to Mulumbu as RDM knows him well and he wouldn't have cost that much.  Maybe he did enquire and was rebuffed due to Norwich not wanting to sell to a rival (same with Dorrans maybe who was excellent under RDM at WBA). I also would have liked a more creative attacking player. Morrison was the obvious choice here and I will admit to being disappointed we never looked at him. 

Attack (including wingers) - Our biggest strength IMO but rumours are we also tried to get Rhodes on deadline day as well so maybe the boss isn't still 100% convinced although he may have just wanted cover for the AFCON. On that note Sessengon is available on a free and he won't be at AFCON so worth a look? Still a very talented player even under Pulis and many baggies fans not happy he was released. 

However, it may sound as i'm being critical but I am genuinely pleased with the team and looking forward to seeing how they play together.

UTV

We are weak in the goalkeeping department. For some reason the strongest goalkeeper who has played in this league doesn't even get in the squad let alone start. Baffling as Gollini and Bunn have lost us points.

In the centre back area I think we are light. Injury and suspension could lead to a Baker/Richards combination!

Right back area still has flaws. The best option Bacuna who is okay going forwards and a bit shaky at the back has been replaced by someone who is no good going forward and shaky at the back. Again rather odd like the goalkeeper situation.

Left back we have Cissokho and Amavi, one can defend and one can't and one is good going forward the other one not is not so good. FWIW Cissokho is the better option.

Midfield really is the crowning turd in the water pipe. Westwood and Gardner don't need to be discussed as I'm sure we have covered them enough. We have then bought Tshibola who nobody had heard of and who was injured last year and who is injured again. Jury out on that one. And we bought the ageing Jedinak from Palace and we'll that's your lot for midfield. Very very weak and as we have seen it gets exposed time and time again.

Then we have the all singing all dancing strikeforce where we are unbalanced and are forced to have players out of position. We have 1 wide man Adomah, we then have Grealish and Ayew who's best position is the number 10 role, and we have Kodjia,  Mccormack and Gestede who are all best when they are played further forward up top. Gestede will probably lose his starting place and and Kodjia will start upfront and then everyone ele will play in a role where they are not their strongest. A case of too many cooks? Maybe.

Personally I would rather have not signed DeLaet,Mccormack,Jedinak and bought a couple of quality central midfielders in for the money we spent on them and have a more balanced team. Midfield is where we lose games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

So this is assuming that Gollini, Elphick, Chester, De Laet, Jedinak, Tshibola, Ayew, Adomah, McCormack and Amavi are all injured/suspended at the same time. I know we've been pretty unlucky but that's pushing it a bit. 

Even if this was the case I doubt that would be the team we played. Additionally, in Kodjia, Gestede, Grealish, Cissokho and Bacuna you've got players that have started this season pretty well. In Baker, Westwood and Gardner you've got players who are more than capable of doing a job as squad players.

Basically you've put Hutton, Richards and Bunn in who are not good enough. In reality Hutton and Richards are unlikely to see much action this year. This highlights the main issue for me in that it only takes a Gollini injury to have us playing Bunn regularly. 

Well there you have it

for tonight and the next games

Gollini is injured - re-injured always possible

if RDL does get injured Sent off 2 yellows he'll be out

Elphick 1 booking away

Amavi - matchfit ?

Jedinak - injured

Tshibols - injured

Ayew - hothead 2 yellows=red

McScore - matchfit - re-injured?

Then that above team is not too far away from what you think

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Well there you have it

Elphick 1 booking away

Amavi - matchfit ?

Jedinak - injured

Tshibols - injured

All in the same game though?

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Well there you have it

Elphick 1 booking away

Amavi - matchfit ?

Jedinak - injured

Tshibols - injured

As said, we are unlikely to be without all of the players listed for a particular game. You've ignored Chester completely so even if all of those things happened Richards still wouldn't be playing.

I'm not too sure why McCormack has any higher chance of getting injured than anybody else as he's played in all 6 of our matches so far and completed 90 minutes in the most recent few. From what RDM said pre Forest we had a few with minor injuries which were likely to clear up within the week.

In reality this discussion is a bit silly and I'd wager that the starting eleven you've put for us is stronger than what it would be for almost any other team in the Championship if you removed their best player in almost every single position. 

Noticed Gardner not doing enough to cut out the cross for their equaliser and Chester being wrong side of his man at the back post hence Cissokho having to cover and leave his man who fired in the cross/shot for the goal. We have to defend better as a team for sure. 

What i see our problem, so far this season.

we been playing formation = 4-4-2 so we should play Wide Ball Midfielder - like James Milner type in winger. for balance in defence (Track back) and attack build-up or possession, and can crossing into box, work hard winger. yet we dont have this type,

what we see problem common our 4-4-2 system with ayew and grealish, adomah, Kodjia*(i prefer him stay centre forward) they in winger they player occassion like 4-2-4, seriously? some of them did sometime to do track back but that reason we often got no support from winger, and our full back struggle, it is flaw our 442 system. we need stop play this, as our full back is kept exploit so they not have choice to centre to protect box so opponent winger can roam inside with no challenge. 

if we play attack in wide we should play "3 man midfield" with anchor roles, and 2 centre midfield or box to box midfield 3 man can move to close to touchlane to cover full back whie our wide attack mind so we wont exploit our full back as we got support them (yet other side might but more time to track back and time recover to pressure, if they force to play switch. it is logical but we never play these tactical. 

so i think we should play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 both is answer our current problem, if we play attack so stick to 4-2-3-1 make sure attack them all throught the match and make sure our wide man are track....

The squad at present is an expensive unbalanced mess that surrenders faster than the French. Clarke and RDM are very experienced people, I have no idea how people with such experience can spend so much and make a complete dogs dinner of the whole thing. It's a complete disaster and shambles