Squad / Team - how do you see it?

Dodgyknees

8 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I think Jedinak will be able to complete more passes when his midfield partners actually move and show for the ball. Not to absolve him, as his passing has been woeful, but he's a good protector of the back four and I think he's a good extension of the Baker / Chester partnership.

His legs have gone......but he is absolutely essential to our defence.

He will also allow the freedom for Hourihane and Lansbury to be the players we all hope they can be, without the worry of defending the back four......he will set them free.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you think of Tshibola?

Not seen him enough.....but I think he lacks football discipline a bit in and out, lacks consistency in his play but that can be age.

He seems to lack intention, a bit hairy fairy.....I do like his athleticism and physicality.....but need more from him.

He needs to play with more of a decisive objective in mind......a difficult game seems to be too easily accepted.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not seen him enough.....but I think he lacks football discipline a bit in and out, lacks consistency in his play but that can be age.

He seems to lack intention, a bit hairy fairy.....like his athleticism and physicality.

He needs to play with more of a decisive objective in mind......a difficult game seems to be too easily accepted.

I see what you mean and agree with what you say as per, I think it's worth remembering he's only 21 years old and was bought for a big fee. Not only that, he had only played around 30 senior games before we had bought him, I think he will improve and be great for us in the short and long term

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

I didn't see the game but I just don't rate him very highly.

Still don't know too much about Lansbury but he is the first centre mid in a few years that we've had demand the ball from the back and want to get involved. 

Ill hold making my judgement on him til I see a bit more of him but that's a very good sign in itself

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I see what you mean and agree with what you say as per, I think it's worth remembering he's only 21 years old and was bought for a big fee. Not only that, he had only played around 30 senior games before we had bought him, I think he will improve and be great for us in the short and long term

You may well be right and I hope you are......but you will soon see that players we have just signed will do things that have been missing.....for years.

Hopefully he will see too....and emulate them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

He seems to lack intention, a bit hairy fairy.....I do like his athleticism and physicality.....but need more from him.

Tend to agree with this. I like Tshibola, I think he has the potential, but tactically he's all over the shop. I *think* he has been playing a defensive mid role in the mould of Gana, attempting to break forward when possible, but his reading of the game isn't up to that level yet. I wonder if he will develop into more of a box to box player in time, time I think we should give him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Tend to agree with this. I like Tshibola, I think he has the potential, but tactically he's all over the shop. I *think* he has been playing a defensive mid role in the mould of Gana, attempting to break forward when possible, but his reading of the game isn't up to that level yet. I wonder if he will develop into more of a box to box player in time, time I think we should give him. 

I think he could be a really good player.....how many times have we said that about players.?...but he needs to apply himself in a much more determined and selfish way, with a determination to do well.

He needs to display hunger and a desire to hurt the opposition and not take the easy option....He could be awesome if he took The Deli Ali approach.

He has games where he could be deemed a mental plodder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

Probably because I rate self discipline as one of the most important traits in a player and it's probably Lansbury's weakest area.

Yeah his face-vibe-aura thingy has that kind of undiciplined twang to it