Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As stated already. Been a great guy for us and scored us some real valuble goals last season.

Will be sorry to see him go,but with his legs going, 34, high wages, and we can get a few mill for him then it's great business all round.

A massive thank you to Mile and all the best wherever you go next.

"Good on you Mile" :thumb:

Yup I love Mile, but i'm wondering if some of these could turn out to be blessings in disguise?

Integrate Birkir into the team and give him a permanent role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup I love Mile, but i'm wondering if some of these could turn out to be blessings in disguise?

Integrate Birkir into the team and give him a permanent role.

maybe you should enter the Birkir thread ;)

• Haha 4

On 07/07/2018 at 00:43, Zatman said:

I see Lyden being mentioned. He must be about 25 at this stage he has been around first team a long time without getting game time. He played Premier League games if I recall or was on bench at least

He’s 22, he could be an option 

I'm not too fussed if he goes, along with BB. As long as we don't have to subsidise their wages that would be a big saving on top of any transfer fees we'd get.

Lyden and Doyle-Hayes are both ready to step up and we still have Whelan

Come to think of it our squad was way too big last season anyway for central midfield positions. 

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The club obviously still rate him or he wouldn’t be at the club

I never questioned his ability. I commented that unfortunately he's extremely injury prone.

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Or they gave him a long term contract and it hasn’t run out?

No. Doesnt sound like Aston Villa at all. Prob on 80k a week now i think about it

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He will likely be here for next season despite that large salary. Bruce sees him as a center back now. I don't think we can really afford to lose him. He can play two roles. 

I don't think we can afford to keep him. Any £ saved on the wage bill will be snapped up.

He's old for a footballer, so if we can sell him for a fee the we're onto a winner, he's only going to get worse so it makes sense to offload him if we can. 

He plays in a position where youth and energy can be as valuable as experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He will likely be here for next season despite that large salary. Bruce sees him as a center back now. I don't think we can really afford to lose him. He can play two roles. 

We could loan in 3 decent championship standard defenders and/or midfielders for his 1 wage. 

If anyone will take him he will be gone. 

Â