Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

After last week's disaster was clearly under instruction to just deal with the ball anytime it come near him, no touch, no picking of pass, just get rid.

If that was the case, why, when they dropped to 10 men....was he still doing it? Why did we bypass the midfield the whole game. It's not good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

After last week's disaster was clearly under instruction to just deal with the ball anytime it come near him, no touch, no picking of pass, just get rid.

If that was the case, why, when they dropped to 10 men....was he still doing it? Why did we bypass the midfield the whole game. It's not good enough.

Defensive midfielder he is fine but I don’t see why we persist in this experiment of him in defence - too cumbersome and always prone to a costly error - even more of a gamble with a new keeper who needs a solid defence in front of him - we look very edgy at the back .

This season I worry he will be too limited. For me, he is only effective against an opposition that pumps it long into the box.

The League is far more technical this year and so the chances of that happening are slimmer. His pace is a liability at times and, for me, he far too often elects to play the easy sideways/backwards pass instead of a progressive one. 

Some might appreciate this tidiness, but for me I find it infuriating as it completely slows down our play and let's opposition get back into their defensive shape quickly. 

Axel playing at CDM would offer the same aerial protection but with the added benefit of being able to run and launch an attack as soon as we win promotion. He also has the technical ability to run forward with the ball or play an ambitious, attack-minded pass.

Far too often Jedinak launches it only for it to come straight back. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

12179F78-C2D8-4C09-9E1A-1EE829961924.jpeg

Jedinak > Elphick

Even at CB.

Jedi has a howler in him, we've seen that. But he's performed perfectly well at CB in plenty of games for us.

Elphick has a howler every single game.

• Like 2

His pass completion percentage must be awful, most of the passes he made forward tonight went straight to the opposition. No point being good in the air if you bring it down only to give the ball straight back.

Also he turned his back to the ball on the first goal.

Watching this experiment unfold in important games is painful. I can’t believe he is enjoying playing there either.

Edited by Fight Like Lions

Bruce just confirmed on BBCWM interview that he now sees Jedi as a CB and that is where he’ll play (apart from odd game when need physicality in midfield cos it’s the Championship blah blah blah). I will be shocked if he brings in another CB following those comments. Chessie and Jedi are gonna be our first choice pairing....get used to it guys ?

• Sad 1

Strange how he is rated our 3rd best player tonight on whoscored. Most clearances, same amount of tackles & interceptions as Whelan who most agree had a good game. Touched the ball more than every single player bar Grealish & Tuanzebe. Won 11 balls in the air (the entire rest of the team managed 18 combined). Pass accuracy below 70% lets him down but other than that he seems to have been where he was supposed to be and did what he was supposed to do for most of the game

• Like 1

He may have touched the ball loads but most of those touches were passes or headers to the opposition and skying the ball back to Brentford’s defence.

Screwed up a few easy backpasses with his head

Had a shocker tonight imo, I’m amazed people thought he played well. Axel should be in for Jedi’s position alongside Chester with Hutton and Elmo at the back. Jedi in DM or preferably on bench. 

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Bruce just confirmed on BBCWM interview that he now sees Jedi as a CB and that is where he’ll play (apart from odd game when need physicality in midfield cos it’s the Championship blah blah blah). I will be shocked if he brings in another CB following those comments. Chessie and Jedi are gonna be our first choice pairing....get used to it guys ?

if that's the case, then there goes our automatic promotion hopes I think

• Like 1

Solid performance, but he isn't a cb. You could see at their first goal that he didn't spot the danger and then stood still, Chester on the other hand reacted an threw his body towards the player despite being further away than Jedi, who just stood still and watched.

He has good delivery when he is heading the ball, but when he has it at his feet it makes me nervous. Don't know how many times it wnet over the line to the left today.

• Like 1

He didn’t so badly, but still has that error per game that could cost a goal. He tried to head the ball back to Nyland and didn’t get anywhere near enough on it. Nyland has to rush out and luckily the strikers touch was poor. 

Â