Relegation Thread 2016/7

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ridiculous overreaction.

is it really though? we just got outfought, outplayed and embarrassed. teams in Championship will play same way vs us as we are a scalp and they are a lot better than Luton

• Like 1

kind of an overreaction, sure, but what the hell is going on with this club? without any further signings, this is a possibility. we are so shot of confidence that it's really depressing to witness. can't even get angry anymore, just indifferent.

Just now, Zatman said:

is it really though? we just got outfought, outplayed and embarrassed. teams in Championship will play same way vs us as we are a scalp and they are a lot better than Luton

Yes, it is. We were dreadful tonight but it's one cup game.

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I don't think we'll be relegated, but top 6 is a pipe dream if we don't make several more signings this window.

I reckon we will end up like Leeds, just floating around the Championship like a bad smell for years and forgotten about, just fade into obscurity.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. Hopefully RDM and Tony realise we need a serious squad overhaul, not a gradual one, a complete rip the squad out and start fresh no bad eggs

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Of course its a **** overreaction. We've played 90 minutes of league football and a relegation thread has been started.

Yes we've crashed out of a competition to a lower league side, just like most of the last 15 years. So what? We have 46 games that matter, tonight wasnt one of them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I don't think we'll be relegated, but top 6 is a pipe dream if we don't make several more signings this window.

For some reason i don't think that will change anything, we have a losers mentality and we keep playing players like Richards and Bacuna.

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Villa Park will not be a friendly place for game saturday

If we go behind or are not playing well it will get toxic very quickly. We have to win and win well.  How far into last season were people banging on about overreactions and it being early days before we all realised we were really that bad and were going to be relegated before Christmas? 

• Like 1

this squad needs its ugly grinding heart ripped out of it. just replacing the poison with average players is an improvement. priority no.1 should be to get new faces in that have nothing to do with our demise.

• Like 1

tonight was an extension of last year. If we don't nip the problems in the bid pronto, we will struggle this year. Fortunately there is time to rectify it, but tonight's performance only elevates the level of urgency in our summer action. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

How so?

People are massively overreacting here.

We haven't won a game in six months.

We lost on Sunday. Where we saw more defensive errors. This group of players were mainly the ones that managed 17 points last year. 17.

We are playing in a similar way to last year. The performances, effort and results are similar to last year. The complete brain-fail and lack of confidence from last season was still evident in both games we've played this year. There were positives you could take from Sunday. There was nothing to take away from that train wreck tonight.

@Rodders post put it brilliantly. It's an extension of last year. Thats 12 months. Not one game. There is still time to rectify. But the signs for me - in terms of player purchases and existing player performance does not encourage me. 

Obviously they do you, and that'd great and I hope you are right.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

tonight was an extension of last year. If we don't nip the problems in the bid pronto, we will struggle this year. Fortunately there is time to rectify it, but tonight's performance only elevates the level of urgency in our summer action. 

this. we'll struggle this year unless we address this before the window closes. if we do this I'll be much more optimistic, but today's result was just all too familiar.

Edited by osmark86

Â