Relegation Thread 2016/7

PieFacE

Just now, KHV said:

Im yet to be convinced

I am. Look, clearly there is a serious problem but even then I've seen nothing to suggest we'll be seriously battling relegation. This start to the season does however make promotion look increasingly difficult though.

On 13 August 2016 at 17:44, Zatman said:

eh this thread was created the night we were hammered by League 2 Luton

On 13 August 2016 at 17:36, R.Bear said:

And last week was just one game away to the 3rd best team of last season. Didn't stop people creating this thread did it?

FUN FACT: This is the second version of a relegation thread for this season. The first being created in May sometime B)

If 1 win in 6 becomes 2 wins in 12 then we're in big trouble.

Today was huge, the new faces in the side, it was an opportunity to draw a line under the "old Villa" and look forwards. 

We just can't shake "old Villa" off.

A few more games like that today and we have a team which has had 100million spent on it in the past 14 months in a relegation battle in the Championship.

The club is rotten, it'll take more than a few months to fix it. I just really hope they can arrest the slide. I'm not sure throwing money around at it will fix it. Though I'm also not sure what will.

• Like 1

We are nowhere near as bad as Blackburn...they are certs to go down. Rotherham as we saw at VP are also a terrible team.

1 spot to worry about...I'm not too concerned about this but given what we're spending we need to be fighting at the top of the league.

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

How is Tony like the Venkys? Other the fact that they're both from Asia...

A serious of bizarre public statements? Wanting champions league football within a few years? Believe that the team they have bought can break into the Asia TV market?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/26/blackburn-rovers-champions-league

Didn't quite work out like that. I don't think Tony is quite as bad though. I hope.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A serious of bizarre public statements? Wanting champions league football within a few years? Believe that the team they have bought can break into the Asia TV market?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/26/blackburn-rovers-champions-league

Didn't quite work out like that. I don't think Tony is quite as bad though. I hope.

Those are pretty superficial though. Unlike the Venkys, Tony has actually backed the manager.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I do not believe we will be relegated . I think this owner is too involved to let that happen 

The staggering reality is that it is even being debated. However I am no longer sure of anything. The adulation Xia is getting, gives me bad vibes! It all seems unreal. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We are nowhere near as bad as Blackburn...they are certs to go down. Rotherham as we saw at VP are also a terrible team.

1 spot to worry about...I'm not too concerned about this but given what we're spending we need to be fighting at the top of the league.

Yes, we saw against Rotherham that we have enough about us to beat the worst teams in the league at home. That, plus whatever we can get against better sides, should be enough to keep us away from the relegation battle. But we have started very badly. I hate being this reactive, but I think we need an immediate goalkeeping change. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, we saw against Rotherham that we have enough about us to beat the worst teams in the league at home. That, plus whatever we can get against better sides, should be enough to keep us away from the relegation battle. But we have started very badly. I hate being this reactive, but I think we need an immediate goalkeeping change. 

home form we will be grand, its the away form that worries me still, yesterday was a game to put a stamp on division but I fear when we go shitty little grounds like St. Andrews, Burton, Rotherham, Barnsley etc. we are going to struggle and not be up for it

Newcastle went to Ashton Gate last week and grinded out a 1-0 win and now they are on a hot streak

• Like 1

Â