Relegation Thread 2016/7

PieFacE

the biggest problem admittedly was the presence of a couple of stand out disasters from last year, who did not need to be playing tonight. I think even if we'd just not had Micah Richards in there we'd have fared better. The team played down to the failings of the weakest player rather than up to their stars. Micah displayed all the leadership capability of a senile, diseased donkey trying to find his spot under the tree and the team mentally followed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we go behind or are not playing well it will get toxic very quickly. We have to win and win well.  How far into last season were people banging on about overreactions and it being early days before we all realised we were really that bad and were going to be relegated before Christmas? 

This team is incapable of winning well.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win as it stands just to get that positive feeling back into the club.

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I've read similar posts at the start of the last 5 relegation threads :crylaugh:

Irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

No offense mate, but can you blame them? We've been shite for so long people can't help but think the worst.

I'm not blaming them per se, just saying that at this stage it is an overreaction.

5 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

We haven't won a game in six months.

We lost on Sunday. Where we saw more defensive errors. This group of players were mainly the ones that managed 17 points last year. 17.

We are playing in a similar way to last year. The performances, effort and results are similar to last year. The complete brain-fail and lack of confidence from last season was still evident in both games we've played this year. There were positives you could take from Sunday. There was nothing to take away from that train wreck tonight.

@Rodders post put it brilliantly. It's an extension of last year. Thats 12 months. Not one game. There is still time to rectify. But the signs for me - in terms of player purchases and existing player performance does not encourage me. 

Obviously they do you, and that'd great and I hope you are right.

I think it's way too early to talk about it just being an extension of last year.

A lot of the problem is with our mental state. We could very easily struggle in this league as we have done in the Premier League.

Not because we don't have enough talent to make a go of it in the Championship but because the players do not have the mental state for job at hand. We could very easily find ourselves in another relegation battle. 

The worrying thing for me is that even I'm completely out of ideas. I used to rant how we needed this and that, and how we were playing the wrong formation etc.

But now, no matter who we play, who we sign, where we play, we lose. We lose every match. 

I'm completely out of ideas. I think we probably need 6/7 players minimum. Which ones, I have no clue.

This is the lowest I've ever known it as a Villa fan. Our main aim this year has to be to avoid relegation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The worrying thing for me is that even I'm completely out of ideas. I used to rant how we needed this and that, and how we were playing the wrong formation etc.

But now, no matter who we play, who we sign, where we play, we lose. We lose every match. 

I'm completely out of ideas. I think we probably need 6/7 players minimum. Which ones, I have no clue.

This is the lowest I've ever known it as a Villa fan. Our main aim this year has to be to avoid relegation. 

our main aim should be a purge and then to take it from there. I'll get the blades and scary masks ready...

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This for me. We keep changing this introduce something new,  bring on a youth, play that player who everyone wants in the first squad..

We still play like dogshite, this year we probably just need to get a grip on our team and stop the rot. Promotion highly unlikely, doubt we will be relegated though 

30 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A lot of the problem is with our mental state. We could very easily struggle in this league as we have done in the Premier League.

Not because we don't have enough talent to make a go of it in the Championship but because the players do not have the mental state for job at hand. We could very easily find ourselves in another relegation battle. 

The mental state quote is so accurate about our squad from last season. It will spread like a disease amongst the new players if we don't get rid of that disease from last season. 

Keep that lot from last season and they will have to hire Derren Brown to join us, to brainwash that load of shite into thinking they are professional footballers. 

17 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

at this point I can't even blame the manager. it's obviously down to the players. Mourinho couldn't sort these tossers out.

Oh no it's certainly not his fault, not at all, don't think anybody would suggest that. But is he the right man? 

I'm sure we had another relegation thread on here which was lauded as pointless. 

Im pretty sure it's safe to say that it's definitely a possibility at the minute. No number is signings can sort us out at this stage. Something stinks around the club and it needs to go

Â