Relegation Thread 2016/7

PieFacE

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Well no not really, I expressed an opinion that "I think" it is ridiculous to discuss relegation at this stage - my opinion, my prerogative and on topic. As for rubbing my hands with unbridled joy in the promotion thread - that is a bit patronizing and unfounded isn't it?  As I said in response to you, "we may not make make the promotion mix, we can all accept that." Believing relegation to be completely unrealistic does not presuppose promotion is expected or even likely - we all know we have an incredible amount to do in the market and on the pitch, but I live in hope; as i am sure you do. You seem to throw these terms about like "rubbing your hands with unbridled joy" "happy clapping nonsense" but I don't see anyone doing that. 

OK.  I don't wish to be patronising.  I do think we must agree to disagree on the state of the club. I am not at all convinced by Xia, RDM or any of what I am seeing right now. I feel we are in a worse place than you do, or at least I don't feel as positive about our chances as you. I don't think we will go down, at least not at the moment, but I think the relegation thread is way more relevant than the promotion thread. In fact, I think THAT thread is ridiculous. Each to their own I guess 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

On 10 August 2016 at 23:30, HalfTimePost said:

With this squad, if you think this season has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

On 10 August 2016 at 23:39, Mantis said:

I have no idea how this season will end.

Hopefully happy endings for everyone 

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

OK.  I don't wish to be patronising.  I do think we must agree to disagree on the state of the club. I am not at all convinced by Xia, RDM or any of what I am seeing right now. I feel we are in a worse place than you do, or at least I don't feel as positive about our chances as you. I don't think we will go down, at least not at the moment, but I think the relegation thread is way more relevant than the promotion thread. In fact, I think THAT thread is ridiculous. Each to their own I guess 

Fair enough - be interesting to see how things unfold over the coming months.

I don't think anyone is actually saying we're going to get relegated. This is just merely a thread to post in whilst we're near the bottom of the league. There's just as much chance of promotion as there is relegation at this stage.

• Like 1

Unless something significant happens we are closer to L1 than the PL.

we need a RB and cover for RB that is not Hutton Richards or Bacuna

We need at least 1 CB as cover for Elphick & Baker (Okore has to be asked if he is serious about playing for us or playing for a move)

We need at leasr 1 DM and 1 CM

2 Wingers if Adama isnt fit/up to it

and at least 1 CF

thats 6-9 players in one window that are good enough to make an immediate impact

Patience and "We're only 8 weeks into a new regime" is irrelevant.

We need things to start happening now, and thats just to have a 1st 11 + an ok bench.

And some people are still talking about promotion?

Try staring reality in the face

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Unless something significant happens we are closer to L1 than the PL.

we need a RB and cover for RB that is not Hutton Richards or Bacuna

We need at least 1 CB as cover for Elphick & Baker (Okore has to be asked if he is serious about playing for us or playing for a move)

We need at leasr 1 DM and 1 CM

2 Wingers if Adama isnt fit/up to it

and at least 1 CF

thats 6-9 players in one window that are good enough to make an immediate impact

Patience and "We're only 8 weeks into a new regime" is irrelevant.

We need things to start happening now, and thats just to have a 1st 11 + an ok bench.

And some people are still talking about promotion?

Try staring reality in the face

You were doing so well.

Not sure why you have to end a well-reasoned post with a condescending jibe at other fans but there you go.

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You were doing so well.

Not sure why you have to end a well-reasoned post with a condescending jibe at other fans but there you go.

Sorry, didnt mean to be.

It's really annoying for me to read all the "it'll be alright on the night" type posts. People critisizing the "realists" (imho) because "being negative is a bad thing".

Cos Imho I think we are in dire straits and things could take a turn for the worst (ie a defeat at home to Ritheram)

How low do we have to go to get the wake up call?

7 months without a win? 8 or 9

I dont wish to claim I know it all, but to see our downward spiral happen right before our eyes is hurting my heart, and VT is my only outlet

Grasshoper I agree entirely with your sentiment ,  and we do need to get a move on it's a real pity that we couldnt have done most of this before the season started so the players could get to know each other and the manager better and quicker.  Promotion is way off for me.  Just t answer some of your points though...

we need a RB and cover for RB that is not Hutton Richards or Bacuna - De Laet would be decent right back and I think Hutton would be ok cover.  Richards I am ignoring as I do not even regard him as a footballer.  bacuna I want to leave but RDM seems to like him.  Hopefully he will find out that his trust is misplaced as it was with the others in the check game

We need at least 1 CB as cover for Elphick & Baker (Okore has to be asked if he is serious about playing for us or playing for a move) - Is Okore playing for a move as a striker because he wont be going anywhere as a defender! Thats a little harsh actually as I think decent players around him he will be ok. Chester coming in is good news on the defence front

We need at leasr 1 DM and 1 CM - Agree and Jedinak in with one other we will be ok

2 Wingers if Adama isnt fit/up to it - Agree that we need additional creativity and I am hoping that this is the area we spend big money in but who knows

and at least 1 CF -  Agree again and Hernandez may be the one there

Basically while I agree with the thrust of your post and that we need it urgently and that we should have had improvements earlier we cant change the past now we cant alter the fact that it was an error we can only hope and support that they correct it from now on.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry, didnt mean to be.

It's really annoying for me to read all the "it'll be alright on the night" type posts. People critisizing the "realists" (imho) because "being negative is a bad thing".

Cos Imho I think we are in dire straits and things could take a turn for the worst (ie a defeat at home to Ritheram)

How low do we have to go to get the wake up call?

7 months without a win? 8 or 9

I dont wish to claim I know it all, but to see our downward spiral happen right before our eyes is hurting my heart, and VT is my only outlet

I agree, if we lose to Ritheram then we may as well just give up......... ;)

• Like 1

Not wishing to be pedantic

we need a RB and cover for RB that is not Hutton Richards or Bacuna - De Laet would be decent right back and I think Hutton would be ok cover.  Richards I am ignoring as I do not even regard him as a footballer.  bacuna I want to leave but RDM seems to like him.  Hopefully he will find out that his trust is misplaced as it was with the others in the check game

Hutton is renowned for causing goals

I'd go as far as to say that he didnt do Green any favours "supporting him so close" it gave Green less space to exploit and meant a second defender was there to get at him too.

clever movement from Hutton would have given Green more space and a chance to go past or find a forward pass.

But we"ll never know (even against a L2 team)

Bacuna, just get rid

we cant change the past now we cant alter the fact that it was an error we can only hope and support that they correct it from now on.

This is where my patience has worn thin, can RDM & Dr X correct things quick enough to avoid any cancers that are still here spreading to the new players?

ie Westwood is a nothing player imho, not mainly at fault for our demise. But he only knows losing and being part of a shit team. So he's not a major contributer for the shiteness, but he is part of the cancer.

Edited by Grasshopper

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think anyone is actually saying we're going to get relegated. This is just merely a thread to post in whilst we're near the bottom of the league. There's just as much chance of promotion as there is relegation at this stage.

Honestly, I still think promotion is a lot more likely. Not saying we're particularly likely to get promoted at this stage but I just think some people are underestimating how bad you have to be to go down and overestimating how bad we were against a decent Wednesday team.

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

its just 1 game against a team that have been ranked to get relegated by 90% of pundits 

great win lets celebrate but dont have to ruin it by having a dig at others

And last week was just one game away to the 3rd best team of last season. Didn't stop people creating this thread did it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

And last week was just one game away to the 3rd best team of last season. Didn't stop people creating this thread did it?

eh this thread was created the night we were hammered by League 2 Luton

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2016 at 17:46, Mantis said:

Well we just hammered Championship Rotherham now. I think it's too early to say whether we're going to have a serious tilt at promotion but relegation is extremely unlikely.

Im yet to be convinced

Â