International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Striker Hal Robson Kanu has retired from international football with immediate effect.

Robson-Kanu and defender Neil Taylor were absentees from the Wales squad to play the Republic of Ireland and Denmark in Nations League qualifiers.

The 29-year old West Brom forward confirmed the news in a statement shortly after the squad announcement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45342667

BBC's top story.

Truly a sad day for world football.

We lost a great today boys.

We lost a bloody great.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now Low is saying Ozil hasnt bothered contacting him about his international retirement and wont return his messages. He is coming out of this looking like a right prick

Luckily also the Jogi Low listens to Sky and has recalled Sane 

Denmark really in a mess with their national sides.

First the women's team refused to play because of the financial terms offered.

And now the men's side is refusing to play in the upcoming games against Wales and Slovakia for the same reason.

While most could sympathize with the women's side it's a bit harder to do the same with the men's side who all earn £ millions per season.

Although I seem to remember they offered to give some of their money to the women side last year?

Danish FA has apparently sent out a mail to all players in the top flight in Denmark and asked if they are interested to play for the national side.

What a mess.

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Danish FA has apparently sent out a mail to all players in the top flight in Denmark and asked if they are interested to play for the national side.

What a mess.

Hopefully they all say no. 

My nan once ate a danish, maybe I'll get a callup.

Edited by Davkaus

On 29/08/2018 at 16:11, rodders0223 said:

BBC's top story.

Truly a sad day for world football.

We lost a great today boys.

We lost a bloody great.

Still scored a fantastic goal in a major tournament quarter final against a team England couldn't beat, twice, in the World Cup.

Basically achieved more in a Wales shirt than most English players have done in the past 40 odd years.

#justsaying

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They're going to use a load of Futsal players apparently - should be really interesting, I smell Wales' biggest ever win coming up :)

Sounds like players wanted to play and were willing to play under old deal and FA said no

Suits again with no idea of the game

On 03/09/2018 at 12:41, Zatman said:

Sounds like to do with sponsors and not money for playing

Manager has been stepped down as well. Im sure they be back to play Ireland next time  ?

I have lots of sympathy with ROI for this. Surely Wales-Denmark should be postponed until later date? Wales basically now get an easier game than if  they played Andorra while I assume ROI willl have two games v Eriksen et al.

I know these aren't the proper qualifiers but will still impact on who gets seeded for the main groups.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I have lots of sympathy with ROI for this. Surely Wales-Denmark should be postponed until later date? Wales basically now get an easier game than if  they played Andorra while I assume ROI willl have two games v Eriksen et al.

I know these aren't the proper qualifiers but will still impact on who gets seeded for the main groups.

yes, and all Wales games should only be played when Gareth Bale, Joe Allen and John Charles are fit

just make sure there's a dispute over money until they're available

but I'm not sure that's how it works

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently the pitch in Slovakia is a disaster so no doubt the Danish players are happy not to have to play.

huge floods in Slovakia at the moment so probably reason why

though looking at the goals its no worse than a Championship pitch

Edited by Zatman

Â