International Football General Chat

villa4europe

12 minutes ago, Czechlad said:
Seriously.
  • Never a penalty
  • Clearance goes off our own player perfectly for Sterling to finish
  • Shot deflects off our player into the goal
I mean we really couldn't do anything for these. 
First goal was fair, but wow we have no luck. 

Lovely finish for the 5th to be fair 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You make your own luck in football, that's about the 15th time a flat footed oaf has had a ball bounce off him in the box.

I remember growing up a Czech game was a really tricking affair. Bloody hell, they have been bad for a long time now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Declan Rice could miss every 5 penalties in 5 major tournaments, all sending us home and I would still never criticise the man.

He already means it won't be long until I never have to watch Dier lumbering about in an England shirt on the regular ever again. He's a hero to me.
I am getting a tattoo of his name on my neck tomorrow.

If Spurs had any sense they would sign Rice to replace Dier too. He is certainly a player stealing a living not to mention being one of the worst football hardmen ever

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

You make your own luck in football, that's about the 15th time a flat footed oaf has had a ball bounce off him in the box.

I remember growing up a Czech game was a really tricking affair. Bloody hell, they have been bad for a long time now.

We have a good XI when everyone is fit, but problem is we have a lot of injuries right now. 

7-8 of these starters don't start if everyone is fit. 

Hudson Odoi just turned 18 a few months back, and all anyone ever talks about is his desperate need to play football. Hoddle just now.

Does nobody realise he's 18, he is getting decent minutes at the top level. Just calm down.

For once can we get a talented youngster and not flog him to death before he is 21 and finished at 26.

On 22/03/2019 at 21:34, Czechlad said:

We have a good XI when everyone is fit, but problem is we have a lot of injuries right now. 

7-8 of these starters don't start if everyone is fit. 

Czech don't have the players anymore I'm afraid. Team was in decline even 10 years ago when golden generation started retiring and you still had likes of Cech and Rosicky when he was fit who played for top clubs.

Now you have Vaclik who's a decent keeper for Sevilla and Schick who has struggled to score much for Roma. Rest are mid table Seria A or Bundesliga players. Long way from Gryegera, Jankulovski, Poborsky, Nedved, Baros, Jan Koller and countless others from that time.

England are in a good place atm.

Overachieved at WC, backed things up in nations league and are starting to intergrate the promising young players into the squad now to freshen things up.

It's wierd looking at the 11 Spain put out last night and thinking England have better players in many positions. Also the same for Germany. Still England need to back this up and actually win one of the next three major tournaments which we know will be very difficult.

• Like 1

Bright start by zee Germans.

Holland starting to grow into it now.

Edit: Excellent first 45 by Germany 2 - 0 up in Amsterdam, could have been more.

But tbf Neuer has also pulled off a couple of great saves

Edited by sne

Entertaining game this for the neutrals.

Both teams are really good when it's clicking, but also very vulnerable when it's not.

Holland probably slightly ahead in their rebuilding project but this German team will likely be really good in a few years time.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

The quality of defending in this game was really embarrassing, considering the level the sides involved are supposed to be at. 

But Van Dijk was playing, the greatest defender ever according to the media 

• Haha 1

Â