International Football General Chat

villa4europe

23 cities are in the running for being host venues, the most out there one is edmonton, chicago arent hosting any games, the others you would like to think will be grouped together in some way, only 16 of them will end up hosting, no new stadiums, i think toronto is getting an expansion but thats it, 15 NFL stadiums, some interesting stuff in the bid -

all 3 hosts play their opening game on the first day

semi finals in dallas AT&T and atlanta's mercedes benz stadium (both incredible stadiums)

Mexico and Canada to each host seven group-stage games, two matches in the round of 32, and one in the round of 16 so thats 10 games in canada, 10 games in mexico and 60 in the USA

final is at the metlife stadium in new york

52 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Africa - 9

On current rankings that would mean Tunisia (21), Senegal (27), Doctor Congo (38), Morocco (41), Egypt (45), Ghana (47), Nigeria (48), Cameroon (49) & Burkina Faso (52).

Not actually as bad as I had thought before looking it up.  Especially if you consider 9th place in CONMEBOL is Bolivia in 59th*.

* yes I know there are only 10 in CONMEBOL

USA with a horrible leader in charge, with no football culture and human rights abuses against black citizens have bought this with offer of great profits

So whats difference between this and Russia and Qatar?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

USA with a horrible leader in charge, with no football culture and human rights abuses against black citizens have bought this with offer of great profits

So whats difference between this and Russia and Qatar?

You're going to get letters :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, sne said:

Ola Toivonen retiring from the Swedish national side.

Never really rated him, but fair dues, he had a good qualifying for the WC and a solid tournament.

apparently going to play for Swansea if cheers you up

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its in vogue isnt it, know you're not going to get called up anymore so announce retirement in order to save face

cahill shouldnt get a sniff, vardy we are light upfront so it'll be interesting where we go

Isn't vardy still the #2 in the country at the moment? I can't think of another English striker who deserves it more. 

rashford, abraham, solanke...welbeck....

interesting that the independent went with - 

The 32-year-old has also accepted he is unlikely to feature much for the national side given his age and the plethora of attacking options currently available to England manager Gareth Southgate

:lol: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

apparently going to play for Swansea if cheers you up

Think he could do a job there, as long as he doesn't come over all Billy big bollocks.

He's always been a rocket polisher and a petulant clearing in the woods. And that's OK if you deliver.

At Toulouse they hate him because he simply isn't.

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The 32-year-old has also accepted he is unlikely to feature much for the national side given his age and the plethora of attacking options currently available to England manager Gareth Southgate 

That'll mean a lot to Gareth.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sne said:

Vardy and Cahill retiring from international football.

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Both said they will play in an emergency though think with England striker options Vardy might return if something happens to Kane

I've interpreted it as both have said they are happy to be in the England squad as long as they are guaranteed to play. If not then they'd rather not be involved.

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

:lol: 

dont forget Sturridge but be surprised if them 4 strikers get 15 Premier League goals between them this season

I read a stat the other day that Sergio Ramos has more career goals than Danny Welbeck :lol:

im tempted to say he has to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, we need better attacking midfielders, players comfortable on the ball who rather than pinging it forward and getting them to run really fast can actually try and play a bit of football

if we do that then kane and rashford up top is probably ok, puts more pressure on ali and lingard to fill the gaps and get forward and get goals, i expect maddison to be called up maybe even sessegnon but i think for him, sancho and foden its come too soon

i think joe gomez might come back with cahill stepping down maybe tarkowski too, the bigger issue is jones and smalling being shit, they shouldnt be anywhere near the team

Â