The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

spacer.png

spacer.png

Visited St Teilo’s Church today where famously, in 1520, the local vicar changed the internal decor to reflect heavy dub albums he felt would become popular so as to attracts a more diverse attendance.

Then it was off to the British Spud Championships in my Stone Island gear representing.

spacer.png

Some bunch of chancers turned up with pickling shallots, do you think we’re **** mugs?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I did the 3 ( Nevis , Scarfell and Snowdonia ) in 24 hours challenge a few years back … it pissed down with rain the whole time , I’d planned and taken a fresh set of clothes for for each hike so I wasn’t sitting around in wet gear during the drive between peaks like others had to , but getting out the mini bus for the last peak at 2 am in torrential rain was a struggle …. About half the people just stayed in the mini bus 

i trained loads for it , used to get up at 4 am hike the seven sisters and then be in the office for 9am , and do Pen y fan at weekends … now I get out of breath if I climb the stairs at Regents Park underground instead of waiting  for the lift 

Further proof that Facebook spies on you , just logged on to check what my friends had for dinner today and first thing I got was a memory from 13 years ago today … as I was starting  the 3 peaks !!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have a big anniversary next year, if I get away with just secateurs, I will have done well. There was talk of a new wedding ring as we were paupers back when we first got married. 

We were sat in a nice independent coffee shop having a cold brew because we really are very hip.

Directly across the way was Ganesha, a sort of vaguely Asian gifts shop, always a waft of incense burners from there and always a choice of elephant themed tote bags and hippy trousers. You know the kind of place.

I said come on, let’s have a look if they’ve got anything amethyst I can buy you… on approaching more closely, everything it what had appeared to be a sort of student bo ho shop was serious money, £1200 for a necklace, £800 for a bracelet.

We stared in the window, I squeezed her hand and I said, **** that, come on lets go and buy my record.

• Haha 1

A trip up to St Annes yesterday for the weekend. Noticed a new bar last night The Pier Inn. Had a couple in there but basically it's a weekend of letting my dog run on the beach and seeing what the finest charity shops have to offer in the way of CDs and art books. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Off to brum in a few hours. We are on about going to get something to eat at a place called Indian Cafe Racer. Weird name but good reviews, anyone been there? 

I had my annual trip into Birmingham a few weeks back and it never fails to remind me why I don’t do more often.

Been a productive day. Got back from work at 11.30, went gym , walked dogs, and just finished some housework. Got a meeting at Cannock tonight then get home and chill . Wife wanted a mother and son day tomorrow because she feels like her big boy is drifting away now he’s started high school. There was all these silly suggestions about taking him to Alton towers , but I saved the day and suggested she takes him to Villa tomorrow instead of me which she thought was a great idea . She can drive which gets over the train strikes problem. 

Tomorrow get up early , do my bets , take dogs, go gym then have the girls whilst mum goes to Villa whilst i watch at home . Will probably mow the lawn in the afternoon. Sunday my lad has a football game then do some other routine chores and chill . 

perfect weekend really providing the Villa win 

• Like 1

13 hours graft today, being month/quarter end. Good though, I thrive on it sometimes. Especially when it all works out. Bit frazzled though but the good news is that i'm now off until the 9th October.

Not much planned this weekend, except find somewhere to go next week for a few days to relax. 

• Like 1

Â