The Bad Apples - fan reaction

Don_Simon

The VT faithful must be a lot more tolerant in general than the typical pre-season crowd are, considering this fragile side with shattered confidence were booed off at half time against Telford, IIRC.  Which was the fans' first decent opportunity to see the team and show them what they thought of them.

I think the reality is that people will write in a football thread on the internet what they'd like to do at a game, but once they get to the game, they'll behave somewhat differently when they're in the middle of a crowd.

• Like 4

I'd like them gone, Whatever you think of them, this squad just didn't work last season. But with a new league, new owner, new manager and new players, surely this is the best time for a fresh start?

If they stick around and do a job, lovely. I certainly won't be booing anyone anyway.

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

The VT faithful must be a lot more tolerant in general than the typical pre-season crowd are, considering this fragile side with shattered confidence were booed off at half time against Telford, IIRC.  Which was the fans' first decent opportunity to see the team and show them what they thought of them.

I think the reality is that people will write in a football thread on the internet what they'd like to do at a game, but once they get to the game, they'll behave somewhat differently when they're in the middle of a crowd.

I think this is right. I was at Bristol Rovers, and while there was some lighthearted banter with Sinclair, some of the stuff shouted at Lescott during his warmup was really cutting. There were plenty of boos and jeering too during the game. Not the majority by any means, but the voices were loud. 

I was left in no doubt that he has no future at the club, regardless of how he applies himself this season.

Some of the bad apples will still be here and I'm sure some of them will play, Villa fans will boo, atmosphere at Villa Park will becomes toxic, Villa will have shit results at home, Fans will get more angry, Villa will have another shit season, Cycle continues..........

Welcome to the wonderful world of Aston Villa :(

Easy way to solve any of these risks... get rid of those contemptible bunch of parasites.

I will not forget what they did last season and will let them know verbally, luckily I won't ruin any special atmosphere as it'll be me and my TV (if I can find a game) that will be taking the abuse.

If it's a new era, new standards must be enforced, no more of this pandering to mediocrity... scoring the odd goal or two would be nice too!

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I'm confused. I thought Dr Tony had said they would be "trimmed". 

Have I missed some unwelcome news?

No you just mis-read or didn't read the hypothetical OP.

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Never booed a player wearing our shirt in my life and i wont start now!

You never booed Alpay when that shitrag put his fingers to his lips?

I was sitting at home watching the highlights on The Premiership and even I stood up and booed him.

Then Townsend's tactics truck came on and I booed that word removed aswell.

I removed them from my Christmas Card List and have also resolved to veto any future application they might make to join my Gentlemen's Club. 

As you can see, they have already paid a high price for their downright shoddy behaviour.

I have never booed a Villa player and am not about to start. Any sensible manager is going to look at all the player and may a judgement as to whether they are part of the problem or part of the solution. Personally I can't see dramatic improvements from the likes of Lescott, Gabby, Bacuna and Richards but you never know. I suspect they will be sidelined / shipped out if after a couple of games nothing has changed. I expect Steve Clarke as a known strict disciplinarian to make a big difference.

I think alot of people can't forget and will continue to boo certain players as it wasnt just about how shit they played and their 'couldn't give a shit' attitude.

It was how they came across as people. Bacuna tweeting 'just forget life's worries and enjoy it', sunbathing on a beach, knowing hundreds of people would be made redundant from the club, some of them probably still struggling to find work, worrying about bills.

Lescott coming across as a total arrogant idiot with the car tweet and scuffles with fans.

Gabby, well, nothing more can be said about that waste of space can it.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

You never booed Alpay when that shitrag put his fingers to his lips?

I was sitting at home watching the highlights on The Premiership and even I stood up and booed him.

Then Townsend's tactics truck came on and I booed that word removed aswell.

Nope, didnt boo Savo when he spat at us either. One off moments can be forgiven, and mistakes are just that.

Never understood what good it does the other 10 players on the pitch trying to win us a game.

I have no problem with you booing at a truck....or townsend for that matter, as it wont affect the team.

No i would never boo as it just creates a negative, horrid and depressing atmosphere which can only be detrimental to the team as a whole and likely affect the result of the game too. I think some encouraging shouts like, "come on Gabby your better than that" or "never mind, next time", that type of thing are a much better thing to do... this is true "support" in my view as in "supporting a player when he is not doing so well".

Booing is the lowest of the low and is basically "anti-supporting" which will affect confidence generally. I really wish people would stop it.

Â