The Bad Apples - fan reaction

Don_Simon

Out of curiosity, how will you guys and gals who go to the games this season respond to Gabby, Lescott, Richards and Bacuna if they play?

Will they get the benefit of a fresh start or a continuation of last years, (well deserved in my eyes), vitriol? 

It is a huge risk and gamble to retain a large portion of them and to be honest I fail to believe that he would do that through choice.  The reaction to the players is of little relevance to be honest as I think some bridges have been burnt already.  The reaction to the manager if hey are continued to be picked once performances do not improve will be the interesting one

• Like 3

I won't be booing anyone anytime soon. We're very fragile after last season and I think maintaining a positive atmosphere is vital if we're to do well this season.

Any booing from the terraces is going to be picked up by the media and more importantly the rest of the team. I just don't understand how it's going to benefit anyone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

If someone is in a Villa shirt, I'll support them. Booing and throwing insults around only creates a toxic atmosphere, one that will affect all players IMO.

Cool.  I wear a villa shirt most days.

• Like 2

I'll just throw Mars bars at Gabby, something similar to what away fans done with Gazza back in the day.  He actually picked one up and ate it, don't expect anything different from Gabby.

• Like 1

It very much looks like most of last season's contemptibles will be retained and so the opportunities for hatred will be rich.

There will be a lot of pious talk about the unforgiven being given a fresh start but really all that means is that the fans will wait for the first inevitable cock-up before they give full rein to their vitriol.

The hatred is inevitable and it is just a matter of when rather than if.

A lack-lustre performance at Wednesday and a struggle at home to Rotherham will start it early; better performances will delay it but there are going to be disappointments over the season and hatred will be the inevitable result.

But as it is obvious that many of these players had no future at Villa after last season's disgrace and the only reason they have chosen to stay is for the money, then it is something they will have to accept and endure.

The only question really, is whether they have grown a thicker skin since May and will be able to avoid being crushed by the hatred like last season.

It seems unlikely.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I can't see them being anywhere near the XI anyway. 

Not strictly true.  We have signed three,  say we sign another 3.  Then say all those new 6 will start in the first team squad.  That leaves 10 that are from remaining players from last season.  Odds on the likes of Richards, Lescott,  Gabby and Bacuna will form some part of that 10.  Bacuna has been widely used in friendlies for example and given the reaction to him last season I would have wanted him gone virtually straight away.

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If you start a new season off booing then you are as disruptive and as unhelpful as the players you are booing.

Fourtunately i will boo them infront of the telly so they wont hear me, but i really dont want any of them in the team and i hope RDM leaves them out aswell, they need to get sold asap!

Everyone gets a fresh start in my eyes there was a lot wrong last season from top to bottom.

i know they deserved it last season but look at the Newcastle game where the fans did not boo and just had a party.  We got a 0-0 that was not expected and the atmosphere was brilliant.

All these players with the right leadership can actually have a positive impact at championship level.  Not good enough for the prem but that is not where we are now.

We need signings and we need to shed a few but whilst they are wearing the shirt I will give them my support.

If we drew Sheff Weds in the 3rd round in January last season would you have thought we could beat them? It would have been tough but I would have.  So I am not bricking it like some about next weeks game if we use the same players as last year.

If they play and don't put a shift in by all means vent your spleen but not as soon as they touch the ball.

We need to be all together to get out this league.

Can we not just collectively draw a big line under everything that's happened prior to the arrival of the new owner(s)?

If come November, the same players are putting in the same shite performances then fair enough but I don't see the need for this thread (he says, whilst responding to it).

Â