Nintendo Switch

Chindie

11 hours ago, Chap of Steel said:

Decided to go for a Switch Lite in the end. Gonna have a read through this thread for recommendations. 

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart

Two Point Hospital

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

Cheers Stevo985. Went for Zelda in the end but will definitely consider the others in the future. Breath of the Wild was difficult to find in stock, too!

Probably the best game I've ever played, although I'm a huge Zelda fan anyway so may be slightly biased.

160 hours I put into that, and i could go back and put 50 more in without repeating anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably the best game I've ever played, although I'm a huge Zelda fan anyway so may be slightly biased.

160 hours I put into that, and i could go back and put 50 more in without repeating anything.

Sounds good. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan though couldn't ignore all the critical acclaim. 

Hopefully I don't miss the 'docking' functionality as I opted for the Lite version.

But after thinking about it, I'd probably have used the full version in portable mode most of the time anyway, so it makes sense. Saves a bit of money too. 

1 hour ago, Chap of Steel said:

Sounds good. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan though couldn't ignore all the critical acclaim. 

Hopefully I don't miss the 'docking' functionality as I opted for the Lite version.

But after thinking about it, I'd probably have used the full version in portable mode most of the time anyway, so it makes sense. Saves a bit of money too. 

If you'll use it in portable mode then it's probably ok. For games like Zelda you probably will miss out a bit becasue the visuals are stunning (for a Switch anyway). But it's still perfectly playable in portable mode so it'll still be a great game.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you'll use it in portable mode then it's probably ok. For games like Zelda you probably will miss out a bit becasue the visuals are stunning (for a Switch anyway). But it's still perfectly playable in portable mode so it'll still be a great game.

I'll see how I get on with it. When the regular ones get restocked, I may choose to 'upgrade' and sell the Switch Lite - they tend to hold their value, so that is an option.

How's Two Point Hospital? Was quite fond of Theme Hospital back in the day so it's tempting though looks a bit pricey?

10 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

I'll see how I get on with it. When the regular ones get restocked, I may choose to 'upgrade' and sell the Switch Lite - they tend to hold their value, so that is an option.

How's Two Point Hospital? Was quite fond of Theme Hospital back in the day so it's tempting though looks a bit pricey?

It's great. I never really played Theme Hospital, but by all accounts this is effectively a sequel in pretty much every way. It's very good fun

Ordered Ni No Kuni and a 200GB SD card so i can download some more games in preparation for lockdown. Ordered them before it was announced. Hopefully they still get delivered.

Will probably buy Ori and the Blind Forest digitally. Those two plus Two Point Hospital will keep me going for a while. Still got Luigi's Mansion 3 as well, although finding that a bit of a chore.

22 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Theres a good 150 hours in Ni No Kuni so you should be ok 😉

One of the best games ever so I'm a bit jealous you're getting to play it for the first time.

We've talked about it before but I hate turn based RPGs. But I'm hoping the quality of this one makes me get over it. VT has been raving about it for years so it must be good!

Haven’t played games for years but as a bit of a Zelda obsessive, I’ve been toying with getting a Switch since it came out. With a bit more time on my hands, I couldn’t resist anymore but it’s bloody sold out everywhere! Apart from Game but the profiteering bastards are selling it for £450. 

Exactly the same as me

The lite version or whatever its called has stopped the main model from being reduced in price and there aren't even that many good bundles around, hopefully Nintendo drop the price around September in anticipation of the new consoles launching, if they don't then I'm not sure I'll ever buy one

it's a £200 console in my mind based on the small number of games I'd actually play on it, even CEX 2nd hand for a console and zelda is £340

I've been playing Animal Crossing since it was released last Friday.

Jetting off to secluded island to live in happy, colourful world with a bunch of anthromorphised animals. It's a much welcomed break from the real world at the moment.

• Like 3

Annoyingly, it keeps coming up as being in stock at Argos but when trying to buy it isn’t available for delivery or even collection from anywhere. 

Edit: Just remembered why it’s not available for collection. Duh.

Edited by JB

On 26/03/2020 at 12:17, Paddywhack said:

I've been playing Animal Crossing since it was released last Friday.

Jetting off to secluded island to live in happy, colourful world with a bunch of anthromorphised animals. It's a much welcomed break from the real world at the moment.

Picked this up today after reading all the positive reviews.

Sounds perfect for a bit of relaxing gameplay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Picked this up today after reading all the positive reviews.

Sounds perfect for a bit of relaxing gameplay.

Enjoy! I really like it, but after watching a few youtube videos of other people's islands, I don't think I'm playing it right or getting the most out of it haha.

• Like 2

On 23/03/2020 at 15:53, Stevo985 said:

Really enjoying Zelda so far, and the Switch Lite is great! Love the big open world. I’ve only put a couple of hours into it so far so just getting started really. 

• Like 1

Â