Nintendo Switch

Chindie

29 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

32. I think it would have been right up my street as well, I loved games like Roller Coaster Tycoon.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Add me in. Never played it.

Play it now! Its still a great game with a great sense of humour. If you loved RCT or Theme Park then you'll love TH!

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Play it now! Its still a great game with a great sense of humour. If you loved RCT or Theme Park then you'll love TH!

I loved Theme Park but I was **** rubbish at it. I think I was too young to actually understand how you be good at it.

Same as pretty much all of them I tend to start playing with unlimited money just so i can learn the ropes, then i build one, get bored, start a new one, get bored, start a new one

I must have put about 30-40 hours in to skylines without actually doing anything 

On 24/07/2019 at 10:01, Stevo985 said:

Does it have a significantly better battery life than the full Switch?

If so then I guess that's a legitimate reason why you might go for the Lite, if you genuinely use it as a handheld a lot.

Other than that I don't see much argument against just saving up and getting the full version.

I'd rather just save £200 a get a good power bank

On 24/07/2019 at 10:01, Stevo985 said:

Does it have a significantly better battery life than the full Switch?

If so then I guess that's a legitimate reason why you might go for the Lite, if you genuinely use it as a handheld a lot.

Other than that I don't see much argument against just saving up and getting the full version.

The standard Switch is also getting an upgrade on battery life, so that's not really a reason to go for the Lite either.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd rather just save £200 a get a good power bank

Oh yeah, I meant if you had neither and you were only looking at getting one of them.

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The standard Switch is also getting an upgrade on battery life, so that's not really a reason to go for the Lite either.

Then I'm out of ideas :) 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Then I'm out of ideas :) 

It's a base level, 'value' machine for people who don't want any complications (/things to break) that turns a greater profit for Nintendo. It's for kids and people who purely want a handheld. It could probably do with being a bit cheaper, as could the standard machine to be honest, but I can see why they've kept it to the level they have. 

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's a base level, 'value' machine for people who don't want any complications (/things to break) that turns a greater profit for Nintendo. It's for kids and people who purely want a handheld. It could probably do with being a bit cheaper, as could the standard machine to be honest, but I can see why they've kept it to the level they have. 

Yeah I get all that, it's just a EUR70 difference between this and the full switch, which is still a handheld anyway, doesn't seem like a big enough gap to justify only getting the lite.

I guess if you know you will never EVER use it on a TV then it makes sense. But even then I think I'd still go for the full version to have the option

It's a £80 difference but still, the point stands. 

The Lite would sell like hot cakes at £100 less than the switch, as it stands why in gods name would anyone buy it? We all know it's a £150 machine, the sweet spot is £175 I reckon. £200?! Nah.

It does have a purpose, for those who travel, kids, handheld only players etc... it'll be more sturdy, higher ppi screen, less moving parts to break. All of which does appeal but that price difference means you'd just go for the normal switch everytime. You'd be mad not to. 

Edited by Ingram85

Don't underestimate the amount of people who will be buying a Switch as a gift for somebody else, especially in the couple of months after the Lite launches. The cheap one makes a lot of sense, it's just not aimed at the democratic who post on videogame forums. 

On 29/07/2019 at 05:19, The_Rev said:

Don't underestimate the amount of people who will be buying a Switch as a gift for somebody else, especially in the couple of months after the Lite launches. The cheap one makes a lot of sense, it's just not aimed at the democratic who post on videogame forums. 

What about totalitarian despots?

• Haha 1

On 04/08/2019 at 21:18, avfcDJ said:

So my switch is definitely broken. I can't connect to the internet, and the drifting is worse. I'll wait for the rumoured switch HD and get that as a replacement.

What’s a Switch HD? The only new models are the lite and the OG Switch has had a slight spec bump.

Personally I don’t think we will see a pro version. More likely a completely new revision in a few years.

On 10/08/2019 at 10:18, jim said:

What’s a Switch HD? The only new models are the lite and the OG Switch has had a slight spec bump.

Personally I don’t think we will see a pro version. More likely a completely new revision in a few years.

Yeah just the theory another will be released before Xmas, I'm in no rush. Although I'm tempted to do another hard reset and then just use my wireless Pro controller (as the drifting joycons is the main issue)

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered Harry Potter Lego for my Switch the other day from amazon and I got sent an italian copy.

It shouldn't really matter, I know it'll work fine and if it was a PS4 game I wouldn't care but because I tend to trade in and buy second hand games at CEX anyway so it's a bit more disposable. 

I don't know what it is about Nintendo though, I like to collect, keep and look after my Nintendo stuff a bit better. Is it picky to return it/exchange it for a good old, British copy? #notxenophobic #ivotedremain

Â