Nintendo Switch

Chindie

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I ordered Harry Potter Lego for my Switch the other day from amazon and I got sent an italian copy.

It shouldn't really matter, I know it'll work fine and if it was a PS4 game I wouldn't care but because I tend to trade in and buy second hand games at CEX anyway so it's a bit more disposable. 

I don't know what it is about Nintendo though, I like to collect, keep and look after my Nintendo stuff a bit better. Is it picky to return it/exchange it for a good old, British copy? #notxenophobic #ivotedremain

I havent bought a physical copy of I am Setsuna because it has japanese font on the cover/spine. So I'm with you man.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody okay the NES/SNES games? I subscribed - in particular - to play the SNES games. I can't for the life of me work out how to come out of a game and back into the main menu. I'm having to exit the app and reload to choose another game.

Help!

9 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Anybody okay the NES/SNES games? I subscribed - in particular - to play the SNES games. I can't for the life of me work out how to come out of a game and back into the main menu. I'm having to exit the app and reload to choose another game.

Help!

Press one of the triggers, ZL if my memory serves.

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Risso said:

How good is it?!

It's very good as long as you temper your expectations compared to BotW. Did you ever play the original GB/GBC version? It is literally an updated modern version of that. Oh and at times it is fiendishly hard imo. Dont be fooled by the cutesy graphics and easy going first few hours. 

6 hours ago, Risso said:

Yes I did, and loved it.  Just wondering though if it's "of its time". 

I'd say it's been modernised to a good standard tbh, it certainly doesnt play like it's based on an old game compared to actually playing the GB version right now which would feel clunky I think. If that makes sense.

I'd say maybe wait for second hand/sale/xmas/birthday then as £50 is a lot to pay if you are unsure but while ymmv, I personally think it's a marvellous update and worth the dosh but I dont want to be held responsible if you buy it and are underwhelmed by it 😁.

Sod it, buy it.

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'd say it's been modernised to a good standard tbh, it certainly doesnt play like it's based on an old game compared to actually playing the GB version right now which would feel clunky I think. If that makes sense.

I'd say maybe wait for second hand/sale/xmas/birthday then as £50 is a lot to pay if you are unsure but while ymmv, I personally think it's a marvellous update and worth the dosh but I dont want to be held responsible if you buy it and are underwhelmed by it 😁.

Sod it, buy it.

Your recommendation is good enough for me. Going to get it as soon as I've finished NNK.

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I want a Switch. Getting another payrise soon so may treat myself :D 

Doooo iiiiitt!!! I've always loved my Switch but I never thought there was enough games available on it (@Ingram85 may disagree judging by the size of his collection). Plus a lot of the ones it did have were just ports and remastered 8 year old PS4 games and the like. It didn't seem worth the £300+.

It seems like there's a decent catalogue now though, with plenty of big upcoming games too.

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Doooo iiiiitt!!! I've always loved my Switch but I never thought there was enough games available on it (@Ingram85 may disagree judging by the size of his collection). Plus a lot of the ones it did have were just ports and remastered 8 year old PS4 games and the like. It didn't seem worth the £300+.

It seems like there's a decent catalogue now though, with plenty of big upcoming games too.

I've traded in half of it now, realised I was being silly. Still got about 45 games left though 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I want a Switch. Getting another payrise soon so may treat myself :D 

I bought a new one this week, make sure you get the updated version which has slightly better battery life. Game tried fobbing me off with the older version.

The switch is absolutely brilliant.

Â