Nintendo Switch

Chindie

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So does the one island per console mean that you effectively can't really have two accounts playing the game?

Or could two people play it perfectly fine whilst sharing an island?

(I have no concept of how big these islands are :) )

I've not played it, but it understand it's perfectly playable with 2 sharing an island, it's just that you would have to work collaboratively in essence, tidying the island, making it how you want it, filling out the museum, etc.

• Like 1

I've got Animal Crossing. I like it. It's not a game where you can go and smash out 19 hours and progress, it's more of a marathon.

It's helping me relax as C19 has made my anxiety flair up big time, due to being vulnerable - and living with somebody who is a key worker.

I've basically just played it like a sim game. It's fun. Feel free to add me on the Switch and come visit. I even made a Villa shirt to wear 😂😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Man i really want ring fit but its bloody sold out eveywhere. Didnt realise be this popular

shhhhh............ but amazon have them on back order for the 25th if you can wait a week and don't want to pay £150+ on ebay ;)

24 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

shhhhh............ but amazon have them on back order for the 25th if you can wait a week and don't want to pay £150+ on ebay ;)

Where you see that when i go on site its online con artists selling for double the price?

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where you see that when i go on site its online con artists selling for double the price?

sorry looks like they have gone again. When i replied earlier they were available direct from amazon for 79.99 showing as being back instock on the 25th. Would let you add to basket & checkout. Could just be worth keeping an eye out to see if they come back or check smyths toys over the next few days as they always seem to get stock allocated a day or so after amazon.

Have just checked and amazon.fr have them listed for 79.99 euros if you're quick

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 17/04/2020 at 19:24, Demitri_C said:

Man i really want ring fit but its bloody sold out eveywhere. Didnt realise be this popular

There's a site called nowinstock.net. You can set up Amazon stock alerts. I think on Game you can set it to email you when they have stock too. I'm in Spain and I managed to get a copy. We can't even go outside pretty much, so it's been useful! You definitely get a sweat on.

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2020 at 17:35, avfcDJ said:

I've got Animal Crossing. I like it. It's not a game where you can go and smash out 19 hours and progress, it's more of a marathon.

It's helping me relax as C19 has made my anxiety flair up big time, due to being vulnerable - and living with somebody who is a key worker.

I've basically just played it like a sim game. It's fun. Feel free to add me on the Switch and come visit. I even made a Villa shirt to wear 😂😁

Ha I just made a Villa shirt. Before the virus I wouldn't have even given AC a moment's thought. I got it last week though and it's truly relaxing in a way I didn't really anticipate.

Same with Ring Fit, too. Two games I was like, 'What the **** are they. They look shit' and now they're on rotation. Along with Skyrim. 

47 minutes ago, Rolta said:

There's a site called nowinstock.net. You can set up Amazon stock alerts. I think on Game you can set it to email you when they have stock too. I'm in Spain and I managed to get a copy. We can't even go outside pretty much, so it's been useful! You definitely get a sweat on.

Thanks mate ill do that. I bought the boxing fitness thats been real good until i get my hands on this

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks mate ill do that. I bought the boxing fitness thats been real good until i get my hands on this

Ha yeah I tried to get that one as an alternative but couldn't get that either! (Yeah I could have done digital, but I like being able to sell when I'm done).

6 hours ago, Rolta said:

Ha I just made a Villa shirt. Before the virus I wouldn't have even given AC a moment's thought. I got it last week though and it's truly relaxing in a way I didn't really anticipate.

Same with Ring Fit, too. Two games I was like, 'What the **** are they. They look shit' and now they're on rotation. Along with Skyrim. 

Same here (AC) 😂 I'll throw my Nintendo code here later, add me 😁

I gave Luigi's Mansion 3 another chance and to be fair it's a lot better than I gave it credit for initially. I also think I'm enjoying it more now that I've stopped obsessing over getting all the gems on every level.

On the last floor so should finish it soon but enjoying it a lot more this time round.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I gave Luigi's Mansion 3 another chance and to be fair it's a lot better than I gave it credit for initially. I also think I'm enjoying it more now that I've stopped obsessing over getting all the gems on every level.

On the last floor so should finish it soon but enjoying it a lot more this time round.

The missus - who is not a gamer - has been playing this with the 5 year old and they're loving it. He does the looking around, she does the ghosts - then I get roped in to the boss battles because she hasn't got the gamer coordination to beat them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Also downloaded Animal Crossing. Not really played it yet (just literally set my tent up on the island) but I'll have a dabble once I finish Luigi's Mansion)

Come visit my island 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

The missus - who is not a gamer - has been playing this with the 5 year old and they're loving it. He does the looking around, she does the ghosts - then I get roped in to the boss battles because she hasn't got the gamer coordination to beat them.

Yeah my other half gave it a go as well. It’s pretty fun, and suited her because you don’t have to adjust the camera which she’s shit at!

its bit without its faults. I really dislike the controls a lot of the time and I think the way you capture the ghosts gets a bit old. 
But it’s far more fun than I have it credit for first time round. 
Finished it now but I might even go back and 100% it at some point

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah my other half gave it a go as well. It’s pretty fun, and suited her because you don’t have to adjust the camera which she’s shit at!

its bit without its faults. I really dislike the controls a lot of the time and I think the way you capture the ghosts gets a bit old. 
But it’s far more fun than I have it credit for first time round. 
Finished it now but I might even go back and 100% it at some point

It says more about me than Nintendo, but I've got no desire to 100% a Switch game because there's no trophies/achievements. One of the first things I do when starting a PS game is check the trophy list to see if a platinum is possible.

It's quite nice just enjoying games for what they are, but I do enjoy a trophy hunt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It says more about me than Nintendo, but I've got no desire to 100% a Switch game because there's no trophies/achievements. One of the first things I do when starting a PS game is check the trophy list to see if a platinum is possible.

It's quite nice just enjoying games for what they are, but I do enjoy a trophy hunt.

I’ve never even looked at the trophy list on a PS game. Or the trophies I’ve got. I couldn’t tell you if I’ve got 10 or a billion

By 100% A game I just meant collect everything in the game. It wouldn’t even cross my mind to check what trophies I had to do on a game. 

• Like 1

Â