Nintendo Switch

Chindie

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing a bit of NBA2k20. Absolutely no ads on it whatsoever by the way. 

It’s decent. Can tell it’s a good game I just have no **** clue what I’m doing so it’s hard. 

But the worst but by far is the AI calls timeouts for you automatically and you can’t skip them. At all. You just have to sit there doing nothing for a minute. 

On 22/05/2020 at 08:30, Stevo985 said:

My only complaint is the island sharing stuff. Not so much that we're on the same island. In fact I quite like that aspect of it, that we can help each other out by sending each other stuff and leave notes and stuff. It's funny.
The problem is I seem to be getting all of the actual tasks to do. I've built the museum, built the shop on the island, built the bridge and built 3 new houses for new guests that are going to be arriving. 
My OH hasn't had the option to do any of that, even though she's played it far longer than I have and has way more stuff.

I'm guessing it's because I was the first one to fire the game up, so I'm the "main" player. But it's a bit shitty for her that she doesn't get to do any of that.

This is getting really frustrating for her. Without all the extra tasks to do she’s just effectively collecting and selling stuff to make her house bigger. She has no incentive to really do anything else. 

It’s really bizarre for them to make the game like this. I assume it’s to try and make people buy more consoles. Which is really shitty in itself. 

A younger person playing this with a sibling must be a **** nightmare. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is getting really frustrating for her. Without all the extra tasks to do she’s just effectively collecting and selling stuff to make her house bigger. She has no incentive to really do anything else. 

It’s really bizarre for them to make the game like this. I assume it’s to try and make people buy more consoles. Which is really shitty in itself. 

A younger person playing this with a sibling must be a **** nightmare. 

Luckily, my OH fired the game up first and as the main player she is able to surge ahead, whilst me being the casual player can wander around focusing on whatever I want when I get on the game. It would be incredibly frustrating if it was the other way around though!

• Like 1

The devil may cry port isnt bad but the camera angles at times is atrocious. They really should have sorted that out before doing the port.

Also the whole if u die you start again unless you have yellow orbs is lame. They should have resolved that.

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

Luckily, my OH fired the game up first and as the main player she is able to surge ahead, whilst me being the casual player can wander around focusing on whatever I want when I get on the game. It would be incredibly frustrating if it was the other way around though!

Yeah it's not too bad at the moment for us as we're together all of the time for lockdown. So I can make infrastructure decisions with her help and then we both contribute towards the costs via that annoying little orange guy.

But if you were sharing it with someone you weren't so close to it would be annoying.

Money on the game has become far less of a problem since I figured out how to farm the money trees. That helps a lot!

But some of the videos on YouTube of people's islands make mine look pathetic :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cheers mate! I’ll check it out

Don't expect a GT experience - but it's the best one I've found 😁 haven't played it for a few weeks - but that's just because I've got back into my Steam collection. But GRID is a very good experience. I'd also recommend a GameCube controller if you can get one as it gives you more control over acceleration and braking 😊

On 04/06/2020 at 13:32, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's not too bad at the moment for us as we're together all of the time for lockdown. So I can make infrastructure decisions with her help and then we both contribute towards the costs via that annoying little orange guy.

But if you were sharing it with someone you weren't so close to it would be annoying.

Money on the game has become far less of a problem since I figured out how to farm the money trees. That helps a lot!

But some of the videos on YouTube of people's islands make mine look pathetic :D 

My 5 year old son plays ours most of the time so our island is an absolute tip, it's almost like he's trying to recreate his bedroom with random crap thrown about everywhere. Very frustrating!

Have you started investing in turnips on Sundays yet? That's annoying, bought 500 of the buggers but you can't put them in storage but the selling price has been rubbish every day so far.

Edited by Nath182
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

My 5 year old son plays ours most of the time so our island is an absolute tip, it's almost like he's trying to recreate his bedroom with random crap thrown about everywhere. Very frustrating!

Have you started investing in turnips on Sundays yet? That's annoying, bought 500 of the buggers but you can't put them in storage but the selling price has been rubbish every day so far.

Haha I haven’t. The OH has but I’ve never found where to buy them. I guess I haven’t played on a Sunday much

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Haha I haven’t. The OH has but I’ve never found where to buy them. I guess I haven’t played on a Sunday much

She’s stops selling them on midday on Sunday, the only way to get them another time is to change the date/time on the switch so it thinks it’s that time.

@Nath182 there are website online that estimate when to sell. Search turnip calculator. If you don’t sell them within a week, they go off and are worthless.

2 minutes ago, Hornso said:

She’s stops selling them on midday on Sunday, the only way to get them another time is to change the date/time on the switch so it thinks it’s that time.

@Nath182 there are website online that estimate when to sell. Search turnip calculator. If you don’t sell them within a week, they go off and are worthless.

Ah that would explain it. I'm rarely up before noon Sunday :D 

• Haha 1

@Demitri_C you’ve added me. You ducking love Mario maker 2. Give me your level recommendations!

lets do a VT Mario Kart tournament soon!

i feel like I’m really good at Mario kart... so I need a real race against real people to remind me that im definitely shit

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

@Demitri_C you’ve added me. You ducking love Mario maker 2. Give me your level recommendations!

lets do a VT Mario Kart tournament soon!

i feel like I’m really good at Mario kart... so I need a real race against real people to remind me that im definitely shit

Ahahaha. Stevo not gonna lie its my favourite game. Do you have it? We can try some of my levels together.

Oh yeah forgot about the mario kart tournament. Ill setup a new villatalk mario kart thread now maybe for next sunday. 

Im defo shit with mario kart but im sjre we can get a good game going.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ahahaha. Stevo not gonna lie its my favourite game. Do you have it? We can try some of my levels together.

Oh yeah forgot about the mario kart tournament. Ill setup a new villatalk mario kart thread now maybe for next sunday. 

Im defo shit with mario kart but im sjre we can get a good game going.

Yeah I’ve just got Mario maker. Not really got into it yet

Â